Mazda 6 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
-I can tell you from experience, going from a dedicated snow tire BACK to an all-season in the snow is NOT cool.
-The "studless ice & snow" tires are very aggressive in the snow and ice, but most of them handle poorly in dry conditions and wear down relatively quick.
-The "performance winter" tires sacrifice a slight amount of extreme snow traction for better control and handling in dry conditions, as well as a longer treadlife.
-My Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2s are considered "performance winter" tires and are on their 4th season (about 16K miles).[/b]
Thanks! That's EXACTLY the info I was looking for and has helped make my decision. Now to find local prices...

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI! I have a quick question.
I just brought a set of wheels, the spec are 18x7.5 with +48mm offset.
The spring on my car is the Tein S Tech ( the green one), which already gave me a 2inch drop at the front and 1.8 inch drop to the rear.
What kind of tires can put on the wheels without rolling my fender?
If I have to roll my fender, what tire size can I put on?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
HI! I have a quick question.
I just brought a set of wheels, the spec are 18x7.5 with +48mm offset.
The spring on my car is the Tein S Tech ( the green one), which already gave me a 2inch drop at the front and 1.8 inch drop to the rear.
What kind of tires can put on the wheels without rolling my fender?
If I have to roll my fender, what tire size can I put on?

Thanks[/b]
Because of the 7.5 inch width, You only have 3 sizes to choose from:

215/45R18
225/40R18
225/45R18

You shouldn't need a fender roll with any of these and +48 offset wheels, but you may want to roll them just in case.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
hey whats up guys. i brought a set of rx-8 factory wheels and am gonna get them PC'd gloss black with white accenting. my question is.............

what size tires should i get?

my car is lowered with Tein S-Techs with the rear quarters rolled because of my last set of rims.

i think the rx-8 wheels are 8" wide........correct?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
hey whats up guys. i brought a set of rx-8 factory wheels and am gonna get them PC'd gloss black with white accenting. my question is.............
what size tires should i get?
my car is lowered with Tein S-Techs with the rear quarters rolled because of my last set of rims.

i think the rx-8 wheels are 8" wide........correct?

thanks for the help[/b]
235/40R18 should fit no problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm looking to buy some 18" Enkei RP03 rims I'm debating getting the 7.5" with 48mm offset which should be fine or the 8" wide rim with 45 offset, and what would be the best tire size for each, pretyt specific, I just started working at a tire place this week and will be purchasing wheels in a in the next few weeks and rimsby may, I only ask because I can get a really really good deal on Kumho Ecsta MX at wholesale and the wholesale prise is on sale lol, so I want to buy the tires now and the rims to slap em on later.[/b]
Hey sup, I was just looking over the forum and I saw your post, Im actually having the same debate you were having back in Jan, just wondering what you ended up doing, going with the 7.5" or 8" on the 18"rims? I was actually thinking of getting 18" with 8.5" but the guy selling me the rims didnt recommend it with 225/40r18 so i had to dropdown to 7.5" cause they didn't carry 8". So basically i need a second opinion from someone with experience, just hoping the 7.5"s look good!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
question!!....

emmm, i got a good deal for 235/45R17 falken 912. would it fit my stock tires? i know it's listed as 17x7.5 recommended, but in the falken sites, this size is actually for our car (although not the same tires)

·
Registered
147 Posts
What is the stock 16" tire size for the 2007 6i? I know that the first post in this thread lists stock sizes but that was written before my car came out.

Some areas say it's 16x7 (114.3) but if I go on Tire Rack, they are saying it's 16x6.5 (114.3). Which one is correct?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am looking at a set of wheels size is 18x8 with a +45 offset.
I checked the manufacture website and it would not list and vehicles, nor could I even find the name of the wheels.

I am looking at these for a 2006 Speed6

Found someone else on the Forum that has this exact size, and they fit with no rolling on the SP6

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
QUOTE (DownFlyer @ Jul 31 2008, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1402397
What is the stock 16" tire size for the 2007 6i? I know that the first post in this thread lists stock sizes but that was written before my car came out.

Some areas say it's 16x7 (114.3) but if I go on Tire Rack, they are saying it's 16x6.5 (114.3). Which one is correct?[/b]
Tire Rack ftw.

Early 16" alloys (03/04?) were 7" wide, 55mm offset.

In 05+, 16" wheels were steel, 6.5" wide, 55mm offset.

17" are 7" wide 60mm offset. I think 18" are also 60mm offset (55mm for MS6 18").

·
Registered
215 Posts
so it has been stated that you have 2 choices for stock Mazdaspeed6 wheels... either 215/45/18 or 225/45/18 size tires. i'm looking at getting a set of general exclaim uhp all seasons. i'm leaning towards the 225's because i will prolly be picking up a set of 18x8 rota torques after the new year. any input in this decision making process? thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey whats up everyone?
i just need some help as well on this whole wheel/tire fitment issue...

I currently have the tein basic coilovers, and i am interested in getting the tenzo type M rims which are 19x8.5 with an offset of 45.

now what i wanted to know is, how would a 235/45R19 tire would fit on this rim?
In addition, would i need to roll my fenders or would this not fit at all? lol

All sorts of help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance =)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I have a question on a set of snow tires + wheels I saw advertised. I have a 05 Mazda6s 5 door that are 17" stock. I saw a set of michelin pilot alpine pa2 225 50 17 17x7.5 5x114.3 25 off set. Does anyone know if these will fit on my car without any fender rolling? Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanx for all the info but now im even more confused....i have stock suspension and my car has kenstyle body kit....would a 19 inch rim fit, the specs for the rims are, petrol mahal 2 rims (19 x 9 in front(offset +18) and 19 x 9.5 in rear(offset +35) two piece forged Petrol. 5x 114.3 bolt pattern) and also what tires whould i put on it?....im really confused and would like all the help i can get!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
With those wheel dimensions and offset, it won't fit. I think 19x8 with a +45 offset is probably the widest you can go on a 19 inch wheel that sits flush with the fender. So, you're too wide and the offsets are too low. Not to mention, stock suspension and running a staggered set up on a fwd car will look... bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mazda6s 2004 5dr, stock 17" rims, and susp. Which tire size will be better 225/45/17 or 225/50/17. I moved to Europe recently and took my mazda, looking at getting the Uniroyal Rain Sport 2.

I searched this thread to see if anyone asked this question before but i did not find anything.

Thanks

181 - 200 of 304 Posts
About this Discussion
303 Replies
146 Participants
mozz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing