Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any chip tuning already available for the 6?
Normally you should get 10% to 25% power increase through a chip tuning (biger increase for turbo engines, so the CD136 should be more lucky :p )
This could be an answer to a lot of 6 fans complaining about it being too slow (it's true that a ~10s for 0-100 km/h does not impress anyone). Not even the 2.3l perfs of 9s are not a hit.
Frankly speaking if I could get my (future :( :sarc :hoho ) Turbo Diesel CD from 136hp to 170hp and even increase that huge torque of 310Nm for a few hundreds $ ... I'll do it right away.
Comments???

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Chip tuning of the engine'

Chip tuning is very tempting as it is very cheap and quite efficient. But there is some downsides to it.
First of all you'll lose your warranty! Very often tuners only offer a one year warranty for their products or are taking over the costs for damages within this year or lets say 100.000 km. Whatever comes first. I wouldn't trade in my three year warranty for that.

Second: Chip tuned cars do not meet state law regulations regarding exhausts and pollution. This means that your car that has been freed from taxes for three years will now cost you a couple of hundred bucks more. That sucks big time!!!

Third: your engine might not last as long as it actually should.

All these downsides (there might be more) are making it questionable for me to take this step...and hey, it doesn't matter if you have 200 hp or 75 hp when you are standing in a traffic jam :D

That are my two cents here...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That's an excellent point with the 3 years warranty.
BUT ... what if you get MazdaSpeed (intended to become some sort of what AMG is for Mecedes or M for BMW) is getting into picture. If you get Mazda dealer to do the tuning for you ... keeping the warranty!!!
Wouldn't it be nice?
:)

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Definitely! If that would be at an appropriate price...heck, I would do it! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

And ... what would be an appropriate price?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

And how big is the chance of that happening. I think Mazda rather see you changing your old 6 to a real MPS...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

OLD 6!!!??! :D :D :D
Will this car ever got to be old?
Maybe in 20 years or smthg
The issue is that MPS is a different machine ... almost ... and a different price.
You just want your nice looking car ... more nervous ... not to find a Mini Cooper gaining on you ... not even at the traffic lights start.
Am I right? Would any 6 owner like this?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I hardy think anything exept a F1 or F50 can keep up with a supercharged.... 100hp ZupaMini :D

Noo but I know what you want. A normal good looking car with powwa!

But I don't think Mazda see it that way. The'll be just happy putting another 6 on the streets... Nothing bad with that.

Of topic (or.. bahh.,.) - Can you really retrofit BMWs and Mercs with M/AMG hardware? Say convert your 528 to a M5?! I heard of M5-package but I'm pretty sure it's a new-car-package only and it's just styling, no real M eninge parts... Right? Just a thought that popped up when you compared MazdaSpeed with those and in the same time talked about retrofiting M6 with chicks'n'chips :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I will try to get more details on this.
In the end we might the end of the 3 years warranty and then transform the "beauty into beast".
PS I've wanted to ask you before ... how does it feel 2 have a 6 @ 20 years old??? @ that age I couldn't even dream of such a car (cause it didn't exist then ;) but also it would've seem way too much for me). Back then (it's only 10 years ... but a millenium back) a small cheap car was what I wanted ... and the main characteristic would've been "not to let me down in the middle of an intersection"!!! :p
But world evolve ... and so do we ... and future generations (I guess that my "yet to come" son will start his first car adventure with an RX-8 ;) )

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Are you asking me?!

Hmm it's not my car. It's my fathers. :) I made him to buy one instead of a Laguna2 for his own good :D

I on the other hand don't even have a license. Working on it, but not done yet...

I have practise driven the 6 a lot though and I love every moment of it.

Hope it sorted things out a little :D

And yeah... All the cars I want are to expensive... It'll brobably be a Volvo 740 or a Honda Accord (1991). That Accord is a looker with 17" wheels and has a price around 30 000 SEK (Hmm 3000$ or something like that)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Uuugh :p
That's more like it!!! ;)
My suggestion ... convince your daddy that this car is "definitely" not a car for him ... and he should give it to you.
Let me know if you succeed!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I have heard similar suggestions from others. We have a 96 Laguna estate hotdog stand as well, and someone said that as my dad was so used to that car, he should stick to it and give me the 6. My dad is not really found of new technical things you see, and I bet he will never use any gizmos in the 6 exept the AC...

But I don't think he'll be happy giving me a 200 000 SEK car :D

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Mazda 6 engines are steering by Denso RF Ecus , wchich is hard to comunication with standard low price flashers .
Next, in thoose Ecus you can find more than half thousand maps wchich steering engine.
But results of chiptuning ( up to 20 % power increase, or eco-tuning ( up to 10 % power increase )in this model can give very good impressions.
Below is dyno file from 2.0 mzr-cd 103 Kw engine . Please note that car is also modified ( DPF,EGR off )
In my opinion ,and experience if car had good quality chiptuning ( up to 15-20 % it is always safe , and very often engine consumes less fuel than on original file inside ECU

Dyno test below

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts