Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't find much about it. Has anyone ever used a windshield repair kit on a small chip? I just got one on mine and was hoping to fix it before it becomes a huge crack. I've seen them at the store but never used one.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen them too, but I am wary of myself in doing it. I always had Safelite or some other auto glass place to come by and repair the chips and small cracks. IIRC the cost is about 75 bux and they can come to your work or home.

Good luck!
[/b]
I hadn't thought of that...doh! Thanks for the info. :D
I'll check around for pricing.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and they should guarantee their work of course! I'll ask the wife later if she knows of any popular auto glass place, she's from SA TX :)
[/b]
You're a friend, thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Safelite..every state 877-800-2727
I have used them once before...

Also,Harmon Auto Glass too 800-4-HARMON

Both are the more popular ones. Im sure you can find a guy that can come to your place of work or home for less than those two.
[/b]
Thanks for the info! :D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm surprised this doesn't come up more often.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm surprised this doesn't come up more often.
[/b]
i'm surprised too cuz I've gotten 3 chips so far...one was bad and eventually crack across the bottom of the windshield so i had to have the glass replaced a cost of 400+... about a month later low a behold another chip, this one nopt as bad and had it epaxy filled, i still a have a few up by the 'A' pillar on both sides...though i'm the only one that notices

i guess our cars are pretty aerodynamic, the rocks just love to make there way up to the windshield!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Check if your insurance will repair the chip for free. Mine does so that they don't have to replace the whole window if it spiders.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check if your insurance will repair the chip for free. Mine does so that they don't have to replace the whole window if it spiders.
[/b]
I hate dealing with insurance that I totally forgot about that option. Thanks for the heads-up! :D I'm calling tomorrow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Same here, looked so hard, can't find Any, i'm tryin' to avoid Ebay also.....
it was stated RPM's site has it, but couldn't find it.... =[
[/b]
Ive seen some insurance companies where, per car in their household, they get one free windshield a year. I believe on some insurances it is extra, some included. The reason for this is during highway commutes, it is common for some people to get a lot of big chips and holes from rocks. Check if your insurance has this, or if it is an option if they have it at all. Otherwise, you may be able to file it under something else for your insurance.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
[/b]
Up here if you're covered both ways ; you're automatically covered for chips . They'd rather pay than replace ; good thing for us as I recieved one not more than a month after delivery :swearin: and it still shows pretty much ! Just southwest of my center vision ! Not enough to be in my sight thankfully . At least it's safe now .. and FREE :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.