Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah Speed6 is noice, otherwiser we're totally getting spanked by the friggin RAV4. WTF? 6.3 and a 14.9 ET? corners like shiat I'm sure, but still. those numbers are what very respectable sports cars did like 20 years ago. auto tech sure has come a long way.

-s

·
Registered
123 Posts
now if they just made that "Family Sports Car", a TT, or even a single T, I'd buy it, but no :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm really impressed by the Acura TL. It's faster than I thought, it's got spectacular road hugging ability and great brakes. Not bad looking either. If I had the spare change....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since this came up I must ask. I don't see it listed and I can't find my C/D issue covering the 6. Will someone please tell me 0-60 and 1/4 mi. times PLS.PLS.PLS. !!! I just want to know where we fall in the sea of sport sedans. I know were pretty good but I still stay away from: Accords, Maximas, Altimas, and those goddamned Grand Prix's ( mass produced P.O.S. IMO ), among a few others.

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Damn, thats kinda sad that the Rav4 is putting up those kinds of numbers.
[/b]
I was at the Honda dealership (Boo! I know), but my parents are in the exploring phase of their search for a new car, and test drove the CRV. Well the salesman asked what other cars we are looking at, and I said specifically the new Rav4 and the CX-7. He was willing to bet the CRV was just as quick as the 269hp Rav4. Now, I couldn't really make a comment at the time, but how do these idiots get into the dealerships. The CRV weighs around 3500lbs with 156hp. That is most likely putting it in the 120hp range to the wheels due to the 4wd losses, compared to the Rav4 which is probably putting down 210-225 to the wheels. It's just shocking that people are that brainwashed/set on selling a car they will say something that stupid.

·
Registered
83 Posts
uh am i the only one that noticed, but the new Yukon Denali ran a 6.2 0-60 HOLY SHIT. were talking about a big ass SUV here, and good god 3.4 0-60 for the Z06?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
...and those goddamned Grand Prix's ( mass produced P.O.S. IMO ), among a few others.
[/b]
Hey easy on the Grand Prixs!

My previous car (01 GT special edition) was a great vehicle and never had any problems...except having to deal with GM's crappy service.

For an afordable vehicle with decent handling and super modability not to mention the 96-03 models are one of the best looking vehicles out there I cant really think that they are P.O.S.

There are grand prixs out there that are under 10 in the 1/4.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
strtfghtr
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing