Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i cleaned the mazdaspeed cai filter on my 6s v6.I left the house to go wash the car and after leaving car wash engine light comes on and feels sluggish when apply gas,rpms are somewhat eratic.Anybody have this happen and know how to fix? Ive disconnected battery ,but came back on when i got into higher rpms.Any ideas thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yesterday i cleaned the mazdaspeed cai filter on my 6s v6.I left the house to go wash the car and after leaving car wash engine light comes on and feels sluggish when apply gas,rpms are somewhat eratic.Anybody have this happen and know how to fix? Ive disconnected battery ,but came back on when i got into higher rpms.Any ideas thanks[/b]
Get the code scanned so we can get a rough idea what's happening and hopefully have a solution for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the code scanned so we can get a rough idea what's happening and hopefully have a solution for you.[/b]
Went to the dealer and unfortunately wasnt able to get me in till tuesday.anyway i removed filter which seemed wet from when i washed it yesterday,oops,anyway i dryed it reinstalled and hopefully that will fix it i will see shortly.If that dont do it ill go to dealer to have them scan it just so i know the code and can find out what it means.thanks

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
check your seals on everything, but it sounds like your maf sensor might be wet. Go to autozone and get the code pulled.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it may have been due to the not fully dry ms air filter.Removed and took hair dryer to it and all is well.Thanks for all the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
allan
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing