Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2005 Mazda 6i 2.3.
Hi, about a month ago I installed a Dragon R intake. About a week after installing the intake the CEL came on. I cleared it, well I thought I did by removing a fuse for the PCM. The light went off, well about a week later it came back on. I reluctantly went to a Mazda dealer and they stated, because the intake is allowing more air into the MAF the sensor may need to be modified to accomadate the increased air flow. Also stated the engine is probably not getting the correct fuel because the factory settings are for the original air box. Can anyone give a suggestion of what I should do next? Thanks

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
First you need to actually search for the answer cuz this has been covered about 1000 times since they started making intakes for our cars.
Secondly, I don't know of anyone else that has this intake, and thats probably why they don't :) CEL

Our cars run very rich (too much fuel) so adding the intake actually leans out the mixture a bit, causing no harm, but throwing a CEL since the car see's the difference. Did you disconnect your neg. battery during the install to reset your ECU? I bet not as well...

Do a little research and you will see it's basically just luck.. I have a '05 6i w/ an AEM CAI and no CEL at all, others have the same setup and got one immediately. I had an 03 6i w/ the same AEM and had no CEL for about 2 years..

Go figure right? :)

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Dragon R CAI? Sounds cool and sorry to hear your having probs with it. I can't believe you took it to a dealership. Does that mean your warranty was already up?

·
Registered
76 Posts
As stated above. You can remove the ground cable, this will erase the computers KAM (Keep Alive Memory) and base values will be relearned by the computer. After this though you need to have the code cleared through a scan tool to make sure all data is cleaned out :)

If you still have a problem, well, you can take the intake back off :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.