Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving around today and got on the gas a little, got the engine up to about 5k then the car started missing out bad and the check engine light came on. It would only miss out when it was in gear and then the all wheel drive light (?) kept coming on every time it would hit the gas. The light stayed on for a while and not till after I parked the car for a third time did it finally shut off. The car ran fine until it hit 5k. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my idea until the light went off and now the car runs fine. My dad and I tried to hook up his OBD II scanner to it, but for some reason it wouldn't work. Does anyone know what scan tool you need to pull codes?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
That was my idea until the light went off and now the car runs fine. My dad and I tried to hook up his OBD II scanner to it, but for some reason it wouldn't work. Does anyone know what scan tool you need to pull codes?
[/b]
I would guess that you'd need a CAN-capable OBDII scanner just like the NA 6's.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You need an OBDII CAN scanner.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I just bought a AutoEnginuity CAN OBDII Scan Tool for my PDA. I would suggest bringing in your car to the dealer since it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys think the dealer would blow me off since the light is no longer on? Or does the computer still hold the codes even if the light is no longer on.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It should still have some freeze frame data on their if it was important enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts