1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just installed a cold-air intake yesterday following these instructions:
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...id=39&Itemid=35
i did the last step:
Optional Step: You can remove the VAD solinoid from the airbox (the green plug to the left of the black circle) and its brass pump and reconnect it to the green connector you took off the airbox during the install. This will prevent a P1410 Pending Code from throwing, by providing an electrical connection to the flapper connector. Its not necessary to do this however, and is more for a "complete" install then any real reason.[/b]
i took the brass assembly and connected that to the green connector that was hanging after and put that off to side. after all done, started car hssst like it said (doesnt do anymore) and check engine did NOT come on. but later i drove and noticed it was ON. so anyway i can take that off? thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had just installed a cold-air intake yesterday following these instructions:
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...id=39&Itemid=35
i did the last step:

i took the brass assembly and connected that to the green connector that was hanging after and put that off to side. after all done, started car hssst like it said (doesnt do anymore) and check engine did NOT come on. but later i drove and noticed it was ON. so anyway i can take that off? thanks
[/b]

i did the same thing and my check engine light came on too... if u disconnect the battery for like 3 min, adn then reconnect it again teh light will go away but only for about an hour, then it will come right back on... i went to autozone to get the code checked out, and it said "system to lean on O2 fuel" meaning there isnt enough fuel with respect to air... idk what to do either, the light is starting to piss me off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Jax6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing