Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 MTX 3.0L with about 8k miles on it. I was on my way to work this morning and i was about a mile away. I was in 2nd gear going about 15 using my engine to break, when all the sudden the car lunges forward like i had pushed on the accelerator. I then had to apply the breaks in order to stop at the light. When i was stopped MY RPM's were jumping between 1-1.5k kind of quick and the CEL came on. I then cut the car off and back on the problem went away but the check engine light is still on.

I’m going to take my car to Mazda but after searching through the CRP and TSB's i really dint see anything about this. Has anyone heard this happen before and what the cause might be?

BTW, i have No mods done to the engine No CAI.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the vacuum lines!
[/b]
How do i do this? They are located near the airbox, right? What should I be looking for?

I drove about a mile to work and did not notice any issues besides the glowing CEI. My dealer is kind of far away, If it was the vacume line would driving with it leaking/ect cause any damge?

·
Registered
884 Posts
When I had a vacuum leak, it was becvause my hoes going into the intake minafold was not sealing properly...check all of the clamps and make sure they are tight.

correction...hose, not hoes...lol

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I would assume that you are still under warranty, so don't do anything. Take the car to the dealer ASAP so that they can read the CEL before it dissappeares.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it to the dealership, they said the problem was the throttle body and they replaced it. Took about an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
R_sinist
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing