Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Check Engine Light'

My CEL light came on at around 450 miles, a week after i got the car. I was about to take it to the dealer and my roommate said his car did the same thing when it was new, and that the o2 sensors pic up the cats burning in and it gives a false reading, so we pulled the neg battery cable and cleared the code, and it hasnt come back on yet, if it does, its going back to the dealer

oh and i checked the hose, I have the new one so thats not it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Reading Topic: Check Engine Light

Well the light came back on saturday morning, so i called after work and made an appointment for monday after work, by the time i got there the light was off, fiqures. so they hooked it to the computer and it said that cylinder #4 misfired, and the light turned off because the car had been started and shut off 7 times without the same problem happeneing again. So they checked everything out and didnt see anything wrong, so they cleared the code and i was on my way.
Next day im comming hoe from work, light comes on, back to mazda again, Same thing, #4 misfired, so they swapped out the coil to #4 and that was alomost a week ago, no light since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.