Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 6S last night and the CEL came on as I was backing into my driveway. When I started her up today, the light was off. It was dark last night, so I didn't check the EGR hose conection....I'll have to do that at lunch today.

I wonder if the hose would be causing the problem. I would think that's a problem that wouldn't remedy itself. I hope it's not a software problem like some others have had.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Replying to Topic 'Stupid CEL'

I checked the hose and it's attached firmly. It looks exactly like the one HERE so I think it's the replacement. I have an appointment to take it in on Monday. The service guy said it's usually emissions related and it won't cause any problems since the car is running fine. If the light starts flashing, I've got a problem.

Ive been reading all the posts and there seem to be a few V6's that have this problem, most are the hose, but some are "software" related. Besides the hose, what kinds of fixes have you guys been getting for this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reading Topic: Check Engine Light

Well, the light went off on my way home from work. It must be a bad sensor or software bug. I'll ;et you know what the dealership says on Monday.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replying to Topic 'Check Engine Light'

I just spoke with a service rep at my local dealership. He told me the error code was related to the variable cam timing. He said that the technician believes there is an oricife that occasionally gets blocked...which would explain the intermittent nature of the CEL coming on. He said that they called Mazda's Technical help line and they told my dealer that there is new diagnostic software coming from Mazda for the dealerships to use. The new diagnostics haven't been made available to the dealerships yet because the car "is too new" according to the tech line.

so basically I have no real answer. The service guy told me to bring it in if the light comes on again. They will let me know when they hear from Mazda about a fix.

Not too encouraging. At least the car still drives ok. The engine is still smooth and there are no real problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.