Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the car this morning to go to work and the check engine light came on. Shut it off and made sure the gas cap was on tightly, checked oil...normal. Started it...still on. :( After about 45 miles, the light is still on as I arrived to work. Time to send it to the dealer I guess. Also, there is a rattle somewhere in the engine bay everytime I accelerate. The rattling decreases drastically after the engine is warm, but I can still faintly hear it during WOT operation. That started happening about a week ago. Sounds like heatshields.

To top that off, my 6 got its first ding. The ding is on the trunk of all places. Anybody know of a good paintless dent/ding repair in the South Jersey area?

TIA

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Check Engine Light'

Update: Just got back from the dealer because of the check engine light. Seems the gas cap was loose at some point per error code. After the tech reset the light, he suggested that I shut off the car when getting fuel and to make sure the cap is tight. As far as the engine rattle, dealer suggested that I schedule an appointment to better diagnos the problem. Technician said that it sounded like a heat shield. They have another car in for a same problem. They tightened some bolts but the problem still exsisted. So hopefully by the time I come back they will have figured out what the problem is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reading Topic: Check Engine Light

sounds misleading...they say check engine when they mean check gascap. Just joking...my explorer has a check engine light just recently, I'm gonna check the gas cap.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Reading Topic: Check Engine Light

I've had my light come on a couple of times. I always turn the car off when adding gas and turn the cap on tightly. I took it to the dealer and they said there was something wrong with the emissions checks. Some sort of software problem in the computer and that at that time (maybe mid-Jan) Mazda didn't have a fix for this. I've been driving around with the light on since. I've been meaning to take it back in and see if they've come up with anything yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts