Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to make the check engine light go off and stay off after installing the Injen CAI. Ok heres the whole story.
After installing my Magnaflow Exhaust and Injen cold air intake. The check engine light came on and stayed on. See before since I have had the car it came on a couple of times but it always went off in about half a day. I had seen post about mazda having problems with this and other people. When I installed these two things guess what they stayed on. Well I went to the mazda dealership here in town. Well they had a fix for part of my problem. There computer said I was misfiring on the 4th cyl. but mazda had a flash for this. well they fixed that. They told me my car was running super lean and it was because of the CAI that I had put on. They said my cats and mass air flow sensors were getting like 1500 degrees! because of it. Well, know once they have flashed the prom the light will come on for about a day or so cut off for about a couple of hours then come back on. It keeps doing this over and over. Is there anyway I can adjust the air/fuel mixture or anything anyone else has done to fix this. Please let me know.

Also, I ordered the Unorthadox pully set from Ptuning today anything I need to know about these before I put them on. plus is there a noticable gain?
thanks for the help

·
Registered
374 Posts
Reading Topic: Check engine light with CAI

If you do a search for Injen intake on the main Engine and Performance section of this site, you will see TONS of information regarding the Check Engine Light yuo are getting from teh intake. Basically, the engine is running leaner than it wants to, but it is not DANGEROUSLY lean as the dealer is saying to you. The Mazda6 V6 engine/computer is VERY sensitive to changes in air flow coming into it. Much testing has been done by AEM and Injen to show that even when you have a check engien light on frrom installing one of their intakes, the engine is operating within safe parameters.

There is no way to tune the air/fuel ratio of the Mazda6 at this time. But there will be several options coming out relatively soon.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Reading Topic: Check engine light with CAI

Dude, you always put your posts in the most random places. Do you just click "New Post" in whatever thread you're reading, or what?

Anyways...

The short answer to your question is "No", you can't do anything about the CEL.

But it shouldn't be causing the kind of problems you're describing. You very likely could have other problems and the dealership saw the CAI and decided they weren't going to touch it as long as that was on there.

I'd remove the CAI, and either hope they dont remember you had one, or take it to another dealership and let them look at it.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Check engine light with CAI'

Also, I ordered the Unorthadox pully set from Ptuning today anything I need to know about these before I put them on. plus is there a noticable gain?
Yeah, get your money back.

Seriously, the two questions you asked have been addressed exactly 549 times already. Me thinks you need to do some reading around here before making your next purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts