Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car had been sitting for about a month, although I did take it out for 2 drives to stretch it's legs. I had the misfortune of being stuck in a work-issued Dodge Grand Caravan for a month. What a dog of a vehicle. :swearin:

Anyway, after about a week back in the Speed6 I have been noticing the car running rough and not very well. Even starting it up would sometimes not inspire confidence. I don't know if it's a an issue with the advanced key or a problem with the engine because sometimes after entering the car and turing the ignition switch, the car doesn't immedietely start. There is a bit of a delay. Sometimes a delay of 2-3 seconds before the engine actually starts. This happened one morning and then the check engine light stayed on. Called the dealer and they gave me an appt. 5 days away.

Of course, the damn Check Engine light went out the day before the appointment, but they were still able to pull the code. The tech said there was a stuck bypass valve (i think). That's why the car was running so poorly. He said they cleaned the valve and perfomed the reflash (which I hadn't done yet). He told me the valve could be defective so I should keep an eye on it for about a week and call them if I notice poor performance again.

I'll check the invoice for he exact code reason, but I'm sure it's what some of the other members here have encountered. Not sure though if the problem originated with the car sitting in the driveway for several weeks at a time. Oddly enough, my driver's side window has myteriously begun forgetting it's auto up/down feature also. yet mysteriously remembers it after restarting the car. This also cropped after after the inactivity.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Probably not. I think he's informing the rest of us what he experienced and to share this experience in the hope that if someone else has the problem, they know where to look/what to expect.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a question here?
[/b]
Well probably only if it's a code that no one here has seen. Also, did the valve experience this problem because of reasons associated with the reflash recall or because it just go stuck while the car sat around for a month.

·
Registered
967 Posts
That's what you get for not driving it for such a long period of time! It's punishing you! That's like leaving a Thoroughbred horse in the barn. :nono: :D Get out there and thrash on it a bit. Wake it back up. :drive:

·
Registered
561 Posts
you'll know if the bypass valve is messed up. mine was cracked and would hol little to no boost at all. part was back ordered and i had an altima for 10 days waiting. man what a difference when i got it back tho. now its in the shop for a broke purge control valve. im getting real sick of this. car has 3500 miles on it and already been in the shop for 12 days.

G

·
you'll know if the bypass valve is messed up. mine was cracked and would hol little to no boost at all. part was back ordered and i had an altima for 10 days waiting. man what a difference when i got it back tho. now its in the shop for a broke purge control valve. im getting real sick of this. car has 3500 miles on it and already been in the shop for 12 days.
[/b]

I also had similar problem. The code I got was P2006. The first time they reprogrammed the PCM. It was a day after I took delivery of the vehicle.

The light came back on a day later. They then replaced the shutter valve..

Light back on 2 days. It was in the shop for 17 Days and they replaced the INTAKE MANIFOLD. I just got the car back yesterday. Out of the month since I bought, it has been in the shop for about 20 days..
Frustrating.. !!

Also, now that I got the car back, it seem that the OOMph that was present earlier is missing. I have not yet reved passed 4000 to really test. On my First visit to the dealer bout the CEL, they carried out the 4106E recall. That time it did not feel different but now seems a lot more different. Any body experienced such a behavior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts