Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like this car.
But, after just 800 miles, my check engine light came on.
It's been on steady for the last few days.
I know the gas cap is on tight and I've only used 93 octane.
So, I'm guessing a faulty sensor.
I'll call on Monday and schedule an appointment with the dealer.
I'm just pissed, 'cause my last three cars (G35, TL, and I30t), never once had a problem.
Oh well ... such is life.

:swearin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I really like this car.
But, after just 800 miles, my check engine light came on.
It's been on steady for the last few days.
I know the gas cap is on tight and I've only used 93 octane.
So, I'm guessing a faulty sensor.
I'll call on Monday and schedule an appointment with the dealer.
I'm just pissed, 'cause my last three cars (G35, TL, and I30t), never once had a problem.
Oh well ... such is life.

:swearin:
[/b]
You can do a search and find more info, but several of us have had low mileage CEL's caused by a bad solenoid purge valve on the fuel evaporation system. If the valve goes bad and leaks, the car's sensors think you have a loose gas cap and it gives you a CEL. It is a 30 minute repair job under warranty. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
CUSTOMER STATES HAS A SOLID CEL .

Dealer pulled the following code: P2407 "leak pump circute erratic. PCM incorrect calibration. Reflash part number: AJAYA1888ID"

CAUSE: F0010XFX POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE - REFLASHING
My story.

"REFLASH PCM WITH UP DATED CALIBRATION AS PER MAZDA"

The car drives a bit differently in that boost on set is later and higher up in the rpm rage (31-32k) but it seems to pull higher up in the rpm range as opposed to the previous flash that was calibrated on delivery. Power is still there but is seems to have lost some of its torque.

·
Registered
595 Posts
CUSTOMER STATES HAS A SOLID CEL .

Dealer pulled the following code: P2407 "leak pump circute erratic. PCM incorrect calibration. Reflash part number: AJAYA1888ID"

CAUSE: F0010XFX POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE - REFLASHING
My story.

"REFLASH PCM WITH UP DATED CALIBRATION AS PER MAZDA"

The car drives a bit differently in that boost on set is later and higher up in the rpm rage (31-32k) but it seems to pull higher up in the rpm range as opposed to the previous flash that was calibrated on delivery. Power is still there but is seems to have lost some of its torque.
[/b]

boost is not later at all, check out my stock dyno with reflash. Same great power as it should be. I will be dynoing this week hopefully with CPE intake/HKS BOV/CPE engine mount to see how much these add to the power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
boost is not later at all, check out my stock dyno with reflash. Same great power as it should be. I will be dynoing this week hopefully with CPE intake/HKS BOV/CPE engine mount to see how much these add to the power.
[/b]
My observations are based on what I had felt before and what I got back from the dealer. The initial power on set seems not as profound as it was before. IMO the flash appared to have adjusted the ignition timing or wastegate below 4k and re calibrated the sensitivity of the knock count safty map activation. Now I not saying that this is a bad thing I am saying is is a different power curve. As said above power band seems a bit higher is the rpm range and a bit wider. It will be interesting to see what numbers you will register and more importantly what the torque curve looks like.

BTW can you please post a link to this post flash dyno you are refering to.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the CEL light finally went off after 7 days.

I still brought it to the dealer today.
He pulled the code and said that a sensor eroneously registered that air was leaking into the fuel system.
He reflashed the ECU.
He said that new flashes are coming out each week and that the latest one, came out just yesterday.
He said it has something to do with the NY/CT/CA emissions and that the folks in Japan keep tweaking the code.

Oh well!

:sarc:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

He pulled the code and said that a sensor eroneously registered that air was leaking into the fuel system.
He reflashed the ECU.
He said that new flashes are coming out each week and that the latest one, came out just yesterday.
He said it has something to do with the NY/CT/CA emissions and that the folks in Japan keep tweaking the code.

Oh well!

[/b]
New flashes each week? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Any confirmation on this?

·
Registered
651 Posts
New flashes each week? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Any confirmation on this?
[/b]
Yeah, it doesn't sound right.

But I recently went to the dealer (10/20) for a couple of issues and since they had my car for a couple days, I asked them to check for reflash updates and they said they found 3 PCM updates, so who knows what's going on.

My paperwork states "Customer states to check for latest PCM flash updates TSB to address MIL lamp on for P2407 code recalibration performed flash update to PCM as per TSB 01-037/06 XXB416FX .3 1821"

I never had a CEL, but I guess they needed to perform the TSB anyways. And it seems they reflashed the PCM with the updated version.

So who knows what's going on, best thing to do is go to your dealer and request any available updates.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Oh well!

[/b]
I had my first CEL at about 1700, then again in the mid-2000's (records are in my car). It was the evap system solenoid purge valve I mentioned above. If you throw another CEL, go to the dealer and tell them to check it out. When the valve is going bad, it leaks air into the fuel system. Until it goes absolutely kaput, it is an intermittent problem and they can chase it forever. After the first instance of the problem, I received advice on this forum to take it straight to the dealer if it ever threw another CEL. I did so, and they were able to quickly replace the valve. No problems since then. If it happens again, just go to the dealer and tell them what it is (the car is rare, so not all service writers are familiar with the problem).
:drive:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts