·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why I have a love/HATE relationship with this car :]

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
i'm going to go ahead and say its second O2 sensor slow to respond caused by the smoke. but maybe you can tell us more. and any reason you are running 2 steps colder plugs as opposed to 1, doesn't seem like your mods would warrant that?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
White smoke = burning coolant/water, condensation (normal), or Seafoam. (lol)
when is it smoking?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running the stock plugs I just have those stage 2's for when I finally get my AP, it smokes after i start it up and after I've been driving let's say I pull into a friends driveway.....it will smoke. Check engine light came
on yesterday

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well call me retarted, how do I pull the code? Amsoil

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah amsoil 5w30.....it's been about 500 miles since my last change

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
well 5w30 has been known to cause this turbo to smoke especially if you fill it with to much. granted the manual says 6.0quarts you'll really only want to do about 5.5 since all of it doesn't come out. 5w40 is also a better weight oil to go with and has prevented smoking in most cases. don't see any signs that you have a oil catch can either.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will oreily have what I need to pull the code and if they do
is it difficult? Maybe I will switch to 5w40 next change

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I agree with Bova, and guess your smoke is a little more blue than you think you're seeing. This car loves to put on a black and blue smoke show.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
For real peace of mind take a whiff of it. You'll know if it's oil. Lol!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man what more do I need to get this car running good

·
Registered
219 Posts
So this could just be a stock turbo problem???.... As for the CEL have to wait til we see what that is you might have 2 problems..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
someone break it down for me.....

-best possible scenario
-least possible scenario

basically how expensive could it be? and how cheap could it be?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I agree with Bova, and guess your smoke is a little more blue than you think you're seeing. This car loves to put on a black and blue smoke show.
i have to agree on several occasions i thought i was seeing white smoke but turned out to be blueish smoke. it's normal for this car i've had smoke come out from time to time and even smoked out a mcdonalds once (i try to stay away from drive throughs now) you can try the ptp pill to try to stop the smoking and def change to 5w40 and let us know

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ptp pill?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Started the car up today....no check engine light

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
if there is no cel now then its most likely o2 sensor slow to respond from the smoke. i say switch to 5w40 oil, rotella t-syn is great stuff, and then when you get your AP bump up your idle to about 900-950 rpms, and i'd also suggest an oil catch can. also when you do an oil change only do about 5-5.5qts at first then check to see if you need to add more. this is all if it is oil leaking by the turbo seal, if its something else well then good luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts