Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, www.edgeracing.com is having their 2nd Annual WTF! Sale. Tires are dirt cheap. I just picked up some Falkens for $63 a pop.

Check it out.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went for the Falken 512s. After reading too many threads about tires, they seemed like the best bang for the buck. They're light too which is an added bonus.

I'm not too concerned about snow. I've driven on everything from snow tires to summer tires in the snow and I can't justify making a decission solely on a weather condition that effects my region maybe 5 times a year. I'd rather stay in and enjoy my added performance and money.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
hmmm i might have to consider this. i'm looking at getting some kyowa racing 18"s in the next few weeks and cheap shoes are a plus.

·
Registered
566 Posts
But they don't have anything inexpensive for Speed6's 18s and no winter tires I can find that'd fit at all. Dang!

·
Registered
795 Posts
are these winter or summer tires for 69$ ??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow I wanna buy those Falken 512's and I don't even need tires. You really can't beat a price like that.

·
Registered
752 Posts
the falken 512's were sold out for a little while but i happened to check the site yesterday and they are getting more and will start shipping them out november 1st. they are still $63 a tire, so i figured i got a second chance and ordered a set.

·
Registered
169 Posts
FYI, www.edgeracing.com is having their 2nd Annual WTF! Sale. Tires are dirt cheap. I just picked up some Falkens for $63 a pop.

Check it out.
[/b]
How much does it usually cost to get tires mounted, balanced, etc.? The price on the Falkens are VERY nice, but I'm wondering if I should just go with some Hankook Ventus II and have them balanced, mounted, etc. at discount tires for around $414 total, out the door. The Falken Ziex's come out to be $316.40 with ground shipping, not including tax. Any opinions? :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's usually $16 to mount and balance....some places charge for a dismount if you bring your own rims & tires.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's usually $16 to mount and balance....some places charge for a dismount if you bring your own rims & tires.
[/b]
is it $16 PER tire or for ALL?

·
Registered
679 Posts
per tire

·
Registered
169 Posts
darn... then that makes it only about a $15-20 difference if I got the Falken Ziex's. Hmmm... I might just go the convenient way and get the Hankook Ventus II's from discount tire. Plus, there's a brick and mortar store kinda near me so thatz VERY convenient. I need new tires BADLY!

...but $63 for a pretty nice tire is NOT BAD AT ALL... :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts