Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i know, a littl bit of thread resurection going here.

But would it be safe to run this on the 6s, cause its not a huge shot and if you sprayed for 5 seconds it would probably improve your 1/4 a significant amount? I know for sure, that you would have no braggin rights with this kit, but n e more imput? Do u think it would be ok to run through the IM [intake manifold] only cause its so little of a shot and so little horse power.

How long do you think 9oz would last [i play paintball and thats about 300-600 shots depending on the day.]

Thats all i know.

EDIT: and yes ive looked through all of the other search crap about running nitrous and most either say you would have to get a new intake manifold or get a direct port and blah blah. I know 2.3 guys have it, but this is more of a v6 question.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did a little googling and found out the 9oz isn't the only size they offer, http://shadyshot.com/. Theres a bigger can you could use which doesn't seem like a full size NOS bottle and isn't as small as the 9oz. If you do the 9oz i would probably buy another bottle if you could. Let me know how it goes because i might do this in the future :).

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
well im not looking to go more, im just looking for a way that wont bust my engine. So a small shot should do. I would only use it for 1/4 mile reasons. Cmon more input people? would this still f*&( with the engine?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nitrous in a 6s is highly NOT recommended. Many 6s owners that have tried it have killed there 3.0. If you have a couple grand lying around for a new engine then go ahead and do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts