Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about this site on cnn. they were talking about a site to download whole cd's for around $1.00. i thought they wre full of shit, so i looked it up, damn. i guess it's legit (i've never used it) and it's based out of russia. the whole music industry is pissed because it's so cheap. check it out...if it doesn't work, you're only out a buck...but with the fuss they're putting up, it must work

http://www.allofmp3.com/

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the government is saying that this website being up could hurt relations between the U.S.A. and Russia....boooo

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
They've been around for a while now. Interesting that the *AA and company are just now throwing up a fuss over it. They are legit...
[/b]

:jackoff:

They are against MP3s when they are free, but they had no trouble with iTunes selling them at $1 a piece. Now they are against selling music LEGITIMATELY for cheap. Fucking money hungry assholes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I hate to break it to you but iTunes actually pays royalties to the musicians. The russian company is totally illegal. It's only "legit" in the fact that it exists, it's still completely illegal so you might as well save your money and get illegal copies from a free site.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I use this all the time, and from the research I did, including a Wall Street Journal article, it is legal, legit, and safe. They have the best compression software out there and their credit card transactions are apparently among the safest.

The negative that I see is that it is REALLY slow to download from them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome to 2004! :D

Seriously though, do a search on Slashdot if you want to read some serious (well, as serious as /. can be...) discussion on allofmp3.com and its legailty/illegality. It's in a legal gray area over in Russia and probably illegal here but enforcing it would be nearly impossible. I've never used it but I know a lot of people who do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
knownzero
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing