Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Whats up?

Well, i was wondering that would it be possible to change the color of the Opititron gauges? Don't get me wrong, i love the red color but it would be nice once in a while to change it to blue, or green, or any other color....It'd be cool when i take the car for Import Shows and stuff.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing the Color of the Optitron Gauges

From the looks of it, no... It sure would've stupendous if Mazda threw in 4 colors for the gauges. Red, white, blue, and maybe amber would've been great if you were able to switch from any of them at anytime you wish.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

That's why I think fiber optics would be the best for interior lighting. One light souce could go to all of the components and all someone would have to do is change the light source bulb. I've been thinking about this for awhile.

Two problems:
1.) Running all of the cable
2.) Getting everything to shine correctly. The light out of the optics tend to be very sharp, so you would need to put some sort of disperser on the end to get it to fan out.

Alright, just thinking out loud......

·
Registered
167 Posts

Replacing the blue LED's wouldn't work?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I don't think that opteron uses LEDs, but I could be wrong. I was under the impression that it was some kind of EL thing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts