Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, on the autometer gauges, if i change the stock bulb to blue LED bulbs, will the gauge light up blue? I got the black faced/ white lettering gauges. Has anyone done this? I would like to know so then i can order more blue LEDs. :D

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
When I get my car back from the dealership (hopefully tomorrow) I will take some pics for you. I'll take the LED's from my door lights and stick them in.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I get my car back from the dealership (hopefully tomorrow) I will take some pics for you. I'll take the LED's from my door lights and stick them in.
[/b]
Thanks so much dude. :love: Just post the pictures in this thread whenever u got it done and stuff. :yesnod:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone done tried it yet? either way i already ordered sum more blue LED bulbs so it doesnt really matter, but i would still love to see sum pictures of sum1s though....

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Here's the pic, it's ot very good since my camera take crap night pics. My overall impression was that it was too dim. I used a 2LED EuroLite 194 bulb. I know autometer makes those inverted LED bulbs for this application so I wonder how they will turn out. The colour and effect was nice, it was just too dim.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Blue FTW. Yeah, its too dark, but if I'd ever get the time, I'd find some way to change the red guages and console lights to blue.

But I'm lazy and don't know enough about the electronics to trust myself to disect my baby.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice thanks for the pic mazda6smtx...it might look brighter if u put a 6 LED bulb in there. I just received my LED bulbs today....but i dont have my car yet, so havent had time to install anything...but hopefully next week i can start on it...either way im putting the 6LED bulbs in there...thanks for doing it. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Post the pictures when you finally do, I'm curious to see how it will turn out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Post the pictures when you finally do, I'm curious to see how it will turn out.
[/b]
Yes i will do that, hopefully i can install them by next week...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why don't you just go for a gauge overlay? They look pretty cool as well.
[/b]
Well i already ordered the bulbs, so its ok, ill just wait and c, hopefully i can install them during this week, ill post pictures of it up when i get it done....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts