Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, on the autometer gauges, if i change the stock bulb to blue LED bulbs, will the gauge light up blue? I got the black faced/ white lettering gauges. Has anyone done this? I would like to know so then i can order more blue LEDs. :D

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
When I get my car back from the dealership (hopefully tomorrow) I will take some pics for you. I'll take the LED's from my door lights and stick them in.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I get my car back from the dealership (hopefully tomorrow) I will take some pics for you. I'll take the LED's from my door lights and stick them in.
[/b]
Thanks so much dude. :love: Just post the pictures in this thread whenever u got it done and stuff. :yesnod:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone done tried it yet? either way i already ordered sum more blue LED bulbs so it doesnt really matter, but i would still love to see sum pictures of sum1s though....

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Here's the pic, it's ot very good since my camera take crap night pics. My overall impression was that it was too dim. I used a 2LED EuroLite 194 bulb. I know autometer makes those inverted LED bulbs for this application so I wonder how they will turn out. The colour and effect was nice, it was just too dim.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice thanks for the pic mazda6smtx...it might look brighter if u put a 6 LED bulb in there. I just received my LED bulbs today....but i dont have my car yet, so havent had time to install anything...but hopefully next week i can start on it...either way im putting the 6LED bulbs in there...thanks for doing it. :yesnod:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post the pictures when you finally do, I'm curious to see how it will turn out.
[/b]
Yes i will do that, hopefully i can install them by next week...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why don't you just go for a gauge overlay? They look pretty cool as well.
[/b]
Well i already ordered the bulbs, so its ok, ill just wait and c, hopefully i can install them during this week, ill post pictures of it up when i get it done....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts