Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recieved news that i will be getting a 350z!! i am very excited because i am going to be the one person to havea 350z on the lot at my school. i will still be checking around here once in a while because i still think the 6 is a great car, but im so excited that i am getting a pure sports car!

edit: just got back from the dealer tonight and we finalized the deal on a silverstone 350z with side and curtain airbags, all the mats, splashguard, and kickplates. i will be getting it in less than a week!! how exiciting i cant wait!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

Hehe, i was thinking about getting a 350Z but i hear its performance is a bit of a let down from all the reviews i've read. Plus its styling seems a bit too radical for daily driving
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing my mind

I actually like the Z's twin better; G35 coupe, looks awesome. BTW, who you callin spoiled kids; I used to be one, so I take offense to it :) jk
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing my mind

Well, ANY new car is great when you're still in school. Just don't take it for granted, you know you are fortunate.

Be sure to thank daddy!

And if you ever get tired of your car, you can always ask him for a 6! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing my mind

I thought is was great..but now I understand you get it from your dad..? Tssssss.....get a job, and buy a car by yourself and be a real man.. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

U lucky SOB! "I Wish" my parents get me a new car :mad:

Saw an orange one being test driven on my way home, it looked beautiful and sexy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Activematic


            U lucky SOB! "I Wish" my parents get me a new car :mad:

Saw an orange one being test driven on my way home, it looked beautiful and sexy![/b]
Orange? U mean yellow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
628 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Ozzy


            QUOTE
Originally posted by Activematic


            U lucky SOB! "I Wish" my parents get me a new car :mad:

Saw an orange one being test driven on my way home, it looked beautiful and sexy![/b]
Orange? U mean yellow?[/b][/quote]

I think he means an Orange Z...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing my mind

You guys can't think he didn't KNOW he'd cause a stir telling us he'll be the "one person to havea 350z on the lot at my school."

Like any of us would say no in a similar situation. Also, if I were his Dad and had the means, I'd consider doing this for my kid.

Just get the next one with some hard work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing my mind

Get a G35 Coupe instead.

My father had the means, and he made me get a job. They helped out with school only when I needed it. Consequently, I didn't buy a car because I valued the considerable costs involved with owning one- insurance being a big one. We tend to parent based on how we were parented, and I agree with my parents methodology. I knew a few guys who had everything handed to them, and they certainly didn't appreciate money the way I do. I you don't have a job, what do you need a car for anyway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing my mind

I've driven the 350Z. It's a beautiful piece of work in terms of looks.
However, I found the ride to be too harsh for daily driving. The interior is cramped for my taste.
I actually perfer the Acura RSX type S in terms of comfort in a small car.
Frankly, I was disappointed in the Z when I drove it. Too firm and too much noise when going over bumps and cracks.

To each their own though. Enjoy your new Z. I would go with the 17" wheels and tires though as they have a more compliant ride while maintaining great grip.

Tome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

:sarc x1,000,000
Congratulations on your new car. I'm glad you'll be able to impress all your friends at school. It's very important to be able to impress your friends, as well as complete strangers, because every opinion counts. Please disregard all the naysayers on this board who will tell you that the odds of you wrecking your beautiful new $30,000 car are about one in one. They're just jealous. They'll all tell you you should earn your own car, and that you won't appreciate it because it was given to you. What do they know? Hey, we all appreciate gifts right? So how much more would we appreciate a gift that cost 30 large? Anyway go out there and light up some asphault and show everyone how cool you are. Just make sure you wear your seatbelt.

On a more serious note; I'm glad he'll be getting a Z instead of a 6. The thought of seeing the thread entitled "I wrecked my 6" is jsut heartbreaking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Changing my mind

Hmm now. If someone offerd me a 350 or a 6, I would take the 6 since I don't like the styling on the 350.

But if you like the car, and someone gives it to you - wouldn't you take it? If someone gave me a choise of a free 6 or a R34 Skyline GT-R I would not forget the 6, but the R34 is just so much more special then a 6 that I would sure choose that one instead.

More prestige - of course! What's wrong with that? And since it's a Nissan I guess hes dad or whoever gets it for him will pay for the CAR, not a POS BMW 318-style car where you pay 25% of the price to get just the name, and the rest is a POS.
Of cource it's nice to have "the nicest" car on the lot. Just natural to think so.

So go on enyoj your ugly car :D *personal note*. I don't se why you would crash it or why you would crash a 6 if you would have choosen that one instead. Who knows - you might be an excellent driver?

Don't care about peops here. There's no reason you should choose the 6 over a 350 exept if you are going to have a family soon. The 350 is in a class over the 6, just face it. The 6 is a sport sedan (in USA). The 350 is a sports car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Ruefus


            You guys can't think he didn't KNOW he'd cause a stir telling us he'll be the "one person to havea 350z on the lot at my school."

Like any of us would say no in a similar situation.  Also, if I were his Dad and had the means, I'd consider doing this for my kid.

Just get the next one with some hard work.[/b]
I agree with you Ruefus, I think most people are jealous. Don't get me wrong I am not spoiled but I do get a little jealous when other people's parents buy their kids nice cars (especially since this kid is probably only in high school). That's why when I become a parent, I will try to make sure that my kids are living comfortably (not necessarily spoil them).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

QUOTE
Originally posted by kenoka


            :sarc x1,000,000
Congratulations on your new car.  I'm glad you'll be able to impress all your friends at school.  It's very important to be able to impress your friends, as well as complete strangers, because every opinion counts.  Please disregard all the naysayers on this board who will tell you that the odds of you wrecking your beautiful new $30,000 car are about one in one.  They're just jealous.  They'll all tell you you should earn your own car, and that you won't appreciate it because it was given to you.  What do they know?  Hey, we all appreciate gifts right?  So how much more would we appreciate a gift that cost 30 large?  Anyway go out there and light up some asphault and show everyone how cool you are.  Just make sure you wear your seatbelt.

On a more serious note; I'm glad he'll be getting a Z instead of a 6.  The thought of seeing the thread entitled "I wrecked my 6" is jsut heartbreaking.[/b]
I am now confused....are u for this guy or against him :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Changing my mind

I was the only kid at my school with a '86 Pontiac Bonneville! Daddy got it for me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Changing my mind'

Ok, here's my 2¢:

My parents have more money than I ever will, and I didn't get shit as a kid. Anything that didn't keep me alive, I had to buy. I drove a '92 crown victoria in High School, and never had any problems. Now, I'm looking into buying a 6, since it's such a great value, and you just can't beat the looks.

Here's the problem with people giving you $30,000 cars:

You don't appreciate them. Do I appreciate gifts? Heck yeah, but I don't appreciate any of them as much as, say, my computer that I payed for and built.

I don't wish my parents had bought me everything. When daddy's not there to hand you everything, you're SCREWED out of your mind. You don't know how to budget, and here you are with a $5000/year insurance policy.

Do I care if you respect your car? Nope, don't give a crap. Other people do. Little story:

When I was in High School, the girl had a brand new Mustang that her dad bought her. Without the aid of any other driver, she totalled this Mustang by crashing it into a brick wall. I am not kidding here. Her dad promptly bought her another one. She doesn't even mind that she totalled the thing, after all, she got another one, and she didn't pay for it in the first place.

I laughed at this story, and added it to my list of why I hate rich kids that get everything handed to them, as did everyone else.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you get a 350z, don't tell everyone your daddy bought it for you. My Crown Vic got keyed at school, I can't imagine what would happen to your Z. And hey, look me up and give me a ride. :p
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top