Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Morrey Mazda is gonna order a new Engine Mount for me. Hope they improved on it cause when i looked at mine, almost all the rubber was gone. I went under my car to look at it to see how bad it was today when I was getting a new tire (got a rant about my tire in another thread). I was totally shocked at how bad it was. Now I'm wondering what else will break on my car. I sure hope I find it all while it's still under warranty. I suggest all you guys with V6 manual check it out. I finally cleaned my CAI filter too today while I was getting the new tire and my tires rotated...haha...it's so much easier to do when the wheel is removed and the car on a hydraulic lift. Oh yeah, and the service guy did say that he's seen it happen on a few other manual tranny V6 Mazda6's already, so he knew exactly what I was talking about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I totally understand as isimilar siuation happened on my 95' Contour SE w/ MTX75. Eventually I swap it with the SVT unit and problem solve!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Why don't you install the CP-E mount?
This way you don't have to worry about it and it will improve the performance of your car.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Why don't you install the CP-E mount?
This way you don't have to worry about it and it will improve the performance of your car. [/b]
While it's still under warranty you might as well use the free one that mazda will give you, and if you have a problem after that you can always upgrade to the CP-E mount.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I was thinking. The only reason I'm going back to the dealer is cause it's under warranty. And if you saw my other thread about me bitching about having to buy a new tire, then you'll know how I would feel about buying another item when i really shouldn't have to. I'll basically look at the engine mount one more time before the warranty expires and if needed, i'll get it replaced and then after warranty expires, then I'll look into the CP-E one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok well I drive a 2004 V6 M6......and had quite a few recall problems already. Maybe I should check out this problem you're talking about. What should I be looking for and where??

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well I drive a 2004 V6 M6......and had quite a few recall problems already. Maybe I should check out this problem you're talking about. What should I be looking for and where??
[/b]
Under your car right in the middle of the engine area that's on the bottom. Look at the other threads in the 3.0L engine discussion under CP-E mount. There's a picture of the CP-E one in this thread http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=52951. Once you know how the engine mount looks like, it'll be easy to spot. You'll notice that the black rubber part is all chewed up if you have the problem. The problem so far has been isolated to manual transmission models though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
wing_woo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing