Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i just bought a stage 2 clutchmaster clutch and a fidanza flywheel for my 03 6s. I was wondering if anyone in here has ever installed a clutch in their mazda and how difficult it is. My friend and I are going to be doing it, he is a mechanic at a dodge, chrysler dealership so he knows his shit, but im just curious as to how hard it is. Stock clutch went at about 45k. And from what i read on here, thats pretty good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok...well i just got my clutch in today. I ordered the stage 2 clutchmasters, but they sent me a stage 3. I called the guy and he said there is really no difference and he "personally" likes the stage 3 better on a mazda 6 cause its a "heavier" car. Should I send the stage 3 back and get the stage 2 or keep the stage 3?

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok...well i just got my clutch in today. I ordered the stage 2 clutchmasters, but they sent me a stage 3. I called the guy and he said there is really no difference and he "personally" likes the stage 3 better on a mazda 6 cause its a "heavier" car. Should I send the stage 3 back and get the stage 2 or keep the stage 3?
[/b]
Quit cryying, and keep the damn thing already!!!!!! JUST KIDDING
I am putting my Stage 3 CM, and my Fidanza FW in on Friday, so i'll let you know how it goes if we accomplish the job. Me and 4 of my friends are going to do it. We are all BMW technicians So we are hoping to get it done in about 5-6 hours tops. I'll try and take some pictures if i can.
>>Robert

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha....im not cryin but i all i see on here is NOT to get a stage 3 clutch. But I will keep it. Let me know how ur install goes and how u like it. We are starting tomorrow morining so hopefully all goes well. But deff take some pics of the process. The guy said if I dont like it after its installed they will send me a stage 2, so I guess i have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, ita going to be at least next weekend before i can get started on mine. Had a few things come up. But dont worry i will still takes lots of pics and try to document all that i can. Good luck with your install, i hope you like the setup.
>>Robert

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the install is complete. stage 3 clutchmaster with fidanza flywheel and i love it. grips reallllly fast and real tight. Havent really got to much on it yet because of the 500 mile break in period but shifting is real easy and smooth. me and my friend started at 5pm yesterday and finished at 830pm the same day. 3 and half hours, prettyy damn good. good luck on yours, but overall it was really easy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so its been a couple days with my new clutch and flywheel....and when i start in first gear the car shakes pretty bad but not in any other gear. When it is in neutral and i rev it up it dont skake. So i think it might have something to do with the stock engine mount since it is pretty weak, but what else does everyone think it could be?

·
Registered
214 Posts
ok so its been a couple days with my new clutch and flywheel....and when i start in first gear the car shakes pretty bad but not in any other gear. When it is in neutral and i rev it up it dont skake. So i think it might have something to do with the stock engine mount since it is pretty weak, but what else does everyone think it could be?
[/b]
I was thinking of upgrading to the same clutch and flywheel, so I was curious to see if you ever found a solution to the above or if you are still experiencing shuttering.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Stage3 clutches are known to do that, they will chatter at low speeds, I believe it also states this on the CM website. I have also heard this from other with ceramic clutches.

How do you like the flywheel so far, is daily driving more difficult? I have the fidanza waiting to be installed and I wanted to get a Stage3 CM clutch as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Mazda6sMtx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing