Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say it was easier than I thought to change them. I have 38K miles and am the 2nd owner. I think these are original plugs. Have a look..do they look bad? This is the first time I changed plugs and don't really know what a bad plug would entail. Anyway, I got the Denso ITV-22's. They were gapped at .28, so, no adjustment made. So far, no issues at all. Can't say I feel a difference..maybe just a little smoother revs, but, could be in my mind. Still, I feel like I accomplished something by changing them. :-}

Attachments

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yeah, those are the Motorcrafts, so likely original. Can't tell for sure in the photo, but it looks like the gaps are a bit worn (larger). The Denso's should work well for you, but not really needed unless running it hard at higher boost/Load, etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can these plugs cause boost loss? I am not getting max of 13 PSI instead of the 17 I was getting. Could also have something to do with my Hypertech flash, but, wanted to get an opinion if this change can cause boost loss at WOT.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
If I may thread jack, I have noticed that while accelerating hard my car will have "hic-ups." Today I get on it and it has little acceleration and sounds like an SRT4 or WRX. It then throws a CEL. I take it to my mechanic he hooks up the Diag and it says random misfire. He says probably a fouled plug. I just got the HKS HR7 in October. Does this sound like the right diagnosis?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok..I looked again and did two things. I tightened a few clams and I changed the setting on my turbosmart BOV. One of these things fixed it because I am able at WOT to hit 15-17 PSI again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ok..I looked again and did two things. I tightened a few clams and I changed the setting on my turbosmart BOV. One of these things fixed it because I am able at WOT to hit 15-17 PSI again.

I would say clamp on boost tube..... been there ... done that ..DOHHH!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts