Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The north American Mazda 6 will start to be built on October the 21, 2002, well the change over is slated for that date. So the first car should be out soon after. The Mercury Cougar will go out of production at the end of September as well as the 626.

autonews.pdf

·
Registered
58 Posts
Replying to Topic 'change over date from 626 to just

Wheee! We're on our way to getting the 6 in North America!
Only a few short months to test one out (and then who knows who long until being actually able to get one...MazdaUSA should put us all here on some kind of priority listing methinks).

Thanks Suki for the update!

MM

·
Registered
305 Posts

So, now is there any word when the factory is going to open the production line for the 5-door? :)

I wonder why Mazda waited so long for the changeover? It's not like they had a huge demand for 626s to meet.

Hope they get that 5-door line rolling soon -- not sure how long I can convince my wife that she wants to drive the Miata during the winter months...

·
Registered
319 Posts

Actually, I think the 626 and Cougar are already dead. *weep*. I believe it says 8/30, not 9/30. That is a long retooling. Jeez, over a month and a half. When they say "all-new" I guess they mean it.

I guess that makes my 1990 626 a collector's item now? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81
That is a long retooling.  Jeez, over a month and a half.  When they say "all-new" I guess they mean it.[/b]
It's not just a retooling. New production processes demands very many new machines also. And they also have to educate the staff on new materials, the new product and the new machines.

It's not an easy thing!! (Glad I'm not the project manager for that one...) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts