Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want blue daytime running lights on my MS6 like this

my car already has xenons so i dont want the whole kit... i just think my yellow daytimes are ugly and i want blue ones like in the picture... where can i buy them from... what light part # are the 6's please help thank you

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Autolumination.com -- You can go with the 194 4LED Matrix bulbs if you want them to burn out fast, or I went with the Supernova 194 bulbs, which have a heatsink on them so they don't burn out in the housing. You have to modify them a little by putting notches in them for the to fit the 194 housings. Just need a handfile.

How-To. The passenger side is a little tight, to give yourself a little more room remove the coolant container, and move around the wires to give yourself room to work.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I recommend www.hid-lights.com

Ordered mine Thursday noon and got them Monday in the mail, thorugh UPS. They ship same day, while Autolumination ships only one day a week (Wednesdays). Both have great deals and honor warranties.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Autolumination.com -- You can go with the 194 4LED Matrix bulbs if you want them to burn out fast, or I went with the Supernova 194 bulbs, which have a heatsink on them so they don't burn out in the housing. You have to modify them a little by putting notches in them for the to fit the 194 housings. Just need a handfile.

[/b]
So these have been holding up for you? How long has it been now since you put these in? So modifying them is pretty straightforward or are there some tips you'd like to share?

Sorry for all the ?'s, but I tried the Phillips brand 194's, and they are a bit better than stock, but are still pretty yellow so I'm not too happy with them.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
So these have been holding up for you? How long has it been now since you put these in? So modifying them is pretty straightforward or are there some tips you'd like to share?

Sorry for all the ?'s, but I tried the Phillips brand 194's, and they are a bit better than stock, but are still pretty yellow so I'm not too happy with them.
[/b]
Actually, I'm not the person to ask. I'm installing these tomorrow night along with my HIDs, and other bulbs. Ask djquik1 he has had them in for a month of two now IIRC. As for modifying them, all you have to do is grind two notches in the heatsink in order for it fit in the 194 socket. Choose your poison. I used a handfile, but I suppose you can use an dremel, or a grinder machine if your careful. Here is a picture, you can see the notches in the heat sink.

i stand corrected. i checked his cardomain and they are hyper white 194's. my bad.
[/b]
Not a problem. :)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
not all halo's have 2. my car for instance only has one.....somehow the large rings were cracked when the shop put em' back on.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
i want blue daytime running lights on my MS6 like this

my car already has xenons so i dont want the whole kit... i just think my yellow daytimes are ugly and i want blue ones like in the picture... where can i buy them from... what light part # are the 6's please help thank you
[/b]
Are you in Canada? If so, I believe our daytime running lights use the high beams at reduced power. If so, you'll need to replace the stock H1 halogen bulbs with something of a higher colour temperature, something in the 7000k or higher, if you really want it blue. If you want it to match the OEM HIDs better, then something in the range of 4500k-5000k would probably be fine, like the PIAA Xtreme White Plus.

·
Registered
105 Posts
installed the hyper whites with the notches on the side, matches the xeon's on my MS6 perfect!

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I fried one of my Supernovas and traced it back to a voltage spike from having them on when I started the car.Other than that,they were almost as bright as a low beam halogen.I am eliminating my 194's when I put in my Raptor halo's so I just put cheap led's in for the time being

1 - 14 of 14 Posts