Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone send me a picture of where I’d be able to locate these I’ve looked up so many but none for 2005 Mazda 6s 3.0L. Idk much about cars but when I lifted my car up I found only two banks idk if there’s more and Idk which of the top or bottom sensors is sensor 1&2

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I am assuming you are talking about the exhaust oxygen sensors. "sensor2" is also sometime referred to as downstream sensor or rear sensor.

the 3.0L has only TWO (2) downstream sensor. They are located just BEFORE the MAIN CATALYTIC CONVERTER.

It also has TWO (2) upstream (sensor1/front) oxygen sensor. Those are the ones located on the exhaust manifold just before the PRE-CAT. Our lovely 3.0L has FOUR (4) catalytic converter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming you are talking about the exhaust oxygen sensors. "sensor2" is also sometime referred to as downstream sensor or rear sensor.

the 3.0L has only TWO (2) downstream sensor. They are located just BEFORE the MAIN CATALYTIC CONVERTER.

It also has TWO (2) upstream (sensor1/front) oxygen sensor. Those are the ones located on the exhaust manifold just before the PRE-CAT. Our lovely 3.0L has FOUR
you see that’s the thing I’m not a mechanic I’m just starting to understand cars so I’m tryna learn things the hard way by doing everything myself. I just have no idea which part is the pre-cat and the main

·
Super Moderator
17,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I still have a bunch from when I upgraded my system. It may help a little;; sorry for the potato quality pictures. I am not a photographer LOL 😅

·
Super Moderator
17,293 Posts
Bro I been looking everywhere
Found it!

There's some more photos and better descriptions in posts on the first page. Hope this helps!

·
Rally Racer
2,647 Posts
Looks like it's been covered. Here is my post from 2017 dealing with the same issues.

1 = Bank 2 warm-up catalyst (pre-cat)
2 = Bank 2 TWC (three-way catalyst) catalytic converter
3 = Bank 1 warm-up catalyst (pre-cat)
4 = Front pipe (flex pipe)
5 = Bank 1 TWC (three-way catalyst) catalytic converter
6 = Presilencer (resonator) - not pictured on OEM exhaust but would bolt directly downstream from bank 1 TWC.

·
Super Moderator
17,293 Posts
Looks like it's been covered. Here is my post from 2017 dealing with the same issues.

1 = Bank 2 warm-up catalyst (pre-cat)
2 = Bank 2 TWC (three-way catalyst) catalytic converter
3 = Bank 1 warm-up catalyst (pre-cat)
4 = Front pipe (flex pipe)
5 = Bank 1 TWC (three-way catalyst) catalytic converter
6 = Presilencer (resonator) - not pictured on OEM exhaust but would bolt directly downstream from bank 1 TWC.
Did you just update this? I found that exact photo but it definitely didn't have the sensors labeled on it. Thanks regardless!

·
Rally Racer
2,647 Posts
Did you just update this? I found that exact photo but it definitely didn't have the sensors labeled on it. Thanks regardless!
Haha, I did just post in this thread.

I poached that pic from another user before and added labels (2018), but after the update pretty much all my pic links were lost so I'm slowly repopulating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts