Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of winter chains from CanTire that they had showing for my Mazda 6 (17" rims) and when I went to put them on, I couldn't. The problem? A strut or steering thingy (sorry I'm not inclined to mechanical things so the name of it or what it is escapes me) sits about 1/4" from the inside edge of the tire, making it impossible to put the damn chains on at all....

Anyone know if this is normally a problem or did the 6 I now own (a preordered that never got bought by the orderer) have 17"s put on, maybe on a model that had 15"s before? Could that be an explanation?

Anyway I will not be using them, I will return them for a size that will fit my g/f's Aveo ...

But just as a heads-up to anyone who might be thinking about that, they don't seem to work or fit, I tried.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
They're terrible for the road surfaces :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The whole point of that post was that I am smart enough to decide when and if I need chains, and in this case I DO need chains, when my road does not get cleared by the city for 3 freakin days and no one can make it out of our street because we are on a 17% slope or whatever the hell it is.

I'm not going to argue the point of whether or not I should or shouldn't use chains. I am not an idiot.

I was trying to warn others not to buy them if they found themselves in a situation where chains are the only way to get around, because they don't fit.

Thanks for the feedback but you seem to have decided to berate me for using them or even trying to.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Ok...I think i should close this thread. Don't need to have a flame war here, especially right before our Christmas dinner...haha...Thanks BCZoomer for the heads up on the chains though...so, just to re-iterate...don't buy Canadian Tire chains for your Mazda6.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to say that BCZoomer has apologized for being testy about this thread and he just wanted the people who were posting on this thread to know that he PM'ed you guys an apology. Now we can all get on with our Christmas shopping! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.