Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have this fettish of acquiring junk. Like last night I acquired a (dead) laptop from my friend mike in exchange for taking the hdd out of it and putting it in an enclosure so he can get his data.

Anyway, I was looking through a surplus junk store and saw CG-locks. I've tried to do some homework but it's just an obscure product.

So, how do I know if the package I'm looking at is the new/old design? And do I need the new design for our cars?

Thanks
Bob

Edit, yes I tried searching, but i'm still confused!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
new/old design? CG lock that i know of has only had one real design in the past 7 years or so. if it says CG lock on it, then you have the right thing.

but i could be wrong

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw this and thats why I have the concern.
tho it appears the rx8 belt is diff than ours. so i could just be parinoid. But do I have a reason to be parinoid when all sales are final?

edit: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=33593

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I emailed Bruce Mather @ cglock.
He seems like a good guy. telling me "In any case, we will replace any product that doesn’t work perfectly for you, or provide a full refund including shipping. There is no risk to try." That's a good policy, IMHO.

He said the design change happend in mid 2004 and showed me a picture of the older design. The one in the store is of the newer design.

It seems like a nifty little toy, will try installing it after work!

Thanks mr tea for replying with what you knew. Sometimes, every little bit counts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.