Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where i should to start looking for fault for central locking?

Car is Mazda 6 2007 stw. When I open central locks, all locks will open but will keep thicking like trying to open locks again. That stops when i lock doors from remote, or drivers door.

Thanks for advice!

·
Registered
488 Posts
When you unlock it when it does this, are you using the remote or the keyhole in the driver's door?

If using the key in the door then it could be the key tumbler in need of some sort of lube.

If it does it all of the time, then it could be the actuators needing some love.

Question, at anytime that you try to unlock the door, does it not unlock all the way? There are springs in the actuators that are prone to breaking and will cause s slide in the mechanism to go further than it should. If this is the case then it could cause the unlock side of things to bind up as well as lead to the door not opening at all from either side (outside/inside) and then the door panel will have to be taken off while the door is still closed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is same with remote and key so it seems to be actuator.

Actually drivers door doesnt lock everytime, sometimes need to lock 2 times.

So i need to replace this spring in this article?

·
Registered
488 Posts
That would be a great starting point. You are going to have to remove the door panel to get to it and then you have to feed it through the inner door. It's not that hard to get to but just pay attention to how the cables are ran. If the cables are out of place, it can cause binding issues and you will have to reroute the cables the way that they were. I actually have to take my drivers front panel back off to reset my lock cable. Mine doesn't lock/unlock with the remote but will with the key due to the cable being bound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts