Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok- in stead of paying 130 dollars to have wires run threw the center console, around the pedal, and to the fuse box, I went to Mazda6Tech and researched on how to do it my self, and I did, now my Camer ran out of battery before I finished but I did get some shots of it in progress- I'll post the after shots later

Now I dont know how to wire these to the Fuse box but I want them to turn on when the car is on, the wires are from interior Lights, there are 4 wires, 2 light strips, 2 wires each, maybe I'll try to do that myself to

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I don't understand what the wires are for, and where they are even going. To get the power you could splice into the cig. lighter thats inside the center console (if yours has that in there) or... run them back up and under the steering area and down to the fusebox, tapping into the cig lighter or radio fuse, those are switched sources. there is also a nice bolt down in the fusebox area that makes a perfect ground.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I don't understand what the wires are for, and where they are even going. To get the power you could splice into the cig. lighter thats inside the center console (if yours has that in there) or... run them back up and under the steering area and down to the fusebox, tapping into the cig lighter or radio fuse, those are switched sources. there is also a nice bolt down in the fusebox area that makes a perfect ground.
[/b]
+1

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the wires are from interior Lights, there are 4 wires, 2 light strips, 2 wires each,[/quote]

Under Stand now?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
the wires are from interior Lights, there are 4 wires, 2 light strips, 2 wires each,
Under Stand now?
[/b]

no, not really. What are you running them FOR?? What new thing are you installing?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Dude, you need to start explaining yourself alot better if you want any help from us here...

You need to tell us, first what you are trying to do, second post pictures that actually show something other than a 1/2 way taken apart center console.

then, knowing what your trying to install would be nice, as well as where your trying to run the wires from? you say the wires are from interior lights... ok, what lights, and how did you run wires from them?

This is just a wild guess, but im guessing your maybe trying to install some neons or "light strips" as you call them, under your dash maybe? help us all out here and give us a decent explanation of what your doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts