Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know if it's possible to chanche the radio os the 6 with a normal radio. I have one in my actual car and i was thinking about keeping it to mount on the 6.

do you know if it's possible?? i know that the image is not very good, but is only for you to understand what do i want.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Center Console

If you search the forum you fill find a lot of info on this. Though I can tell you it will be quite hard untill someone makes a DIN-console replacement.

THough you can mount a normal steroo in the top storgage compartment (the one just above the stereo. It may not look that nice, but it will not be visible due to the lid on the compartment.

·
Registered
526 Posts

I would suspect that given some time, the aftermarket will develop a replacement console fascia to do exactly what you're talking about.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Guys, the console fit with a DIN opening is being produced as we speak, with plans for other color dashes as well. Woodgrain "look" has been mentioned too. Just remember, stereo shops won't keep these in stock, they'll be on an per order basis only, since it'll cost too much to keep them in the store.

Just keep checking back with Crutchfield, Scosche, and Metras to find out when they'll be available.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Since its kind of hard to upgrade or change the stereo, is the premium Bose system worth the money? It is about CDN$1000.

·
Registered
657 Posts

If you're going to upgrade the speakers and amps anyways, then no, it's not. Unless you want the 6 disc player, which I couldnt live without. If you're going to keep everything stock but want better sound, then yeah, upgrade to the BOSE.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

That's a good point - I am sure the Bose system is very meticulously matched - from head to amp to speakers. Upgrading even just the speakers probably defeats the whole purpose of getting the Bose.

Having not heard either system, my guess is that if you want to keep it bone stock, then the Bose is probably the way to go.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Center Console'

I keep going back and forth on the bose system versus aftermarket set up. I'm confident I could do much better, but figure it's well worth the money considering I'd rather drop an extra thousand or two into engine mods (SAFC, intake/exhaust) or wheels and suspension. Stereo would be at the bottom of my list of thing to change on the car. That makes the decision easy for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts