Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Mazda6 with the non-telescoping center console armrest. I noticed the other day that it's quite loose when you open it. I'm not sure if it's hinged by to small posts on either side or if it's one post that goes through the hinges like the hinges on a household door. Is there a way to just remove the armrest to check? Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I didnt know of the TSB but mine was loose and the dealership replaced it no questions. Took about 30 mins from drop off to pick up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Center Console Replaced

My 2014 Mazda 6 console became very loose. Dealership replaced it at no cost. The shuttle driver commented that he's seen a lot of this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad I found these posts. I am hoping these posts are about the armrest. Mine became loose and last night, I was able to pull it from the console with very little effort. There is a TSB on this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a pretty simple task since I just did mine the other day. Dealership tried to charge me $58 to glue the pins in place since I was out of my warranty. I told them no thanks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know this is old, but this just happened to me the other day. What do you mean by pop off the back part?
The piece that faces the rear seats - where the vents go on the touring and GT trims, pops off.

If you need it - i've got an entire spare armrest assembly here. (armrest cover, the box, USB/power port, rear cap, etc) Bought a center console for some of the parts, and got more than I expected.

Pay me shipping plus enough for a beer, and it's yours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The piece that faces the rear seats - where the vents go on the touring and GT trims, pops off.

If you need it - i've got an entire spare armrest assembly here. (armrest cover, the box, USB/power port, rear cap, etc) Bought a center console for some of the parts, and got more than I expected.

Pay me shipping plus enough for a beer, and it's yours.
Let me look today and I'll let you know. Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Happened to me today, after about 5+ years of ownership. Hard pull on the bottom of the rear plastic piece pulled it off. Pushed the pin back in place and applied a heavy duty piece of tape (metal) to keep the pin in place.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So glad I found this thread. My cover is loose and wiggles from side to side and it drives me crazy. Gonna try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts