Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've found pretty decent instructions to remove center console and install my Auido Link iPod adapter to the radio. Question I have though, is whether or not these instructions apply to a 2006 6?

Here are the directions that I found:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/lofiversion/in...php/t47741.html

Can anybody confirm that this is how to remove my console to install the plug into the back of the radio in my 2006? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it's safe to say then that there are no differences between the years? Just want to make sure there are no surprises if you know what I mean. I've got a specific time allowed to do this today, so want to give it a shot in hopes of completion (about an hour).

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
so it's safe to say then that there are no differences between the years? Just want to make sure there are no surprises if you know what I mean. I've got a specific time allowed to do this today, so want to give it a shot in hopes of completion (about an hour).
[/b]
shouldnt be. i have a '06 ms6 and it worked for me so i don't see a reason why it would be different for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just did the install of the Audio Link last week on my 05 6S non-Bose and it took about 45 minutes from start to finish.

One word of advice is to take an old sock and cover the shift lever once you remove the shift knob. I have a manual transmission and scratched a section of the plastic shifter surround on the shift level when I was removing that section to allow the radio to come free from the dash.

Other than that it was a piece of cake and it sounds so much better than my cassette adapter it's not funny. My normal listening volume numbers were cut in half as it's a much more efficient way to use the iPod than through the cassette adapter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey guys, I ordered my Auio link yesterday, so this will be helpful. Thanks.

I also ordered a bracket to mount the ipod onto the dashboard, with shipping it came to $27. I put pictures in another thread call "Ipod Install", and a link to where you can buy the bracket, if you're interested or still looking for an ipod dashboard solution. I picked this one because it you can see the ipod screen while driving, and easily remove the ipod whn you get out of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got it in no problem. Took all of about 15 minutes total. The hardest part was getting that stupid brass bolt out of the side of the stereo through the glove compartment.

Sounds great, works great, and have no problems. If you have manual Air/Heat control, pop the knobs off and remove the screws that you see. Also, it helped me to gradually pull the unit free instead of yanking quickly. Take your time at this point, I don't think I would have broken anything but it did take quite a bit of force to get it out. It really seemed like I was missing a bolt somewhere, but it eventually came free.

Thanks for all of the help guys!

P

·
0 Posts
Well got it in no problem. Took all of about 15 minutes total. The hardest part was getting that stupid brass bolt out of the side of the stereo through the glove compartment.

Sounds great, works great, and have no problems. If you have manual Air/Heat control, pop the knobs off and remove the screws that you see. Also, it helped me to gradually pull the unit free instead of yanking quickly. Take your time at this point, I don't think I would have broken anything but it did take quite a bit of force to get it out. It really seemed like I was missing a bolt somewhere, but it eventually came free.

Thanks for all of the help guys!
[/b]

I definitely just cracked the plastic cover over the radio/AC controls. That's great. They're hairline cracks but honestly even hairline cracks in an '07 are crappy.

There has to be a better way.

-prAnk

·
Registered
862 Posts
I just did mine in my 06 ms6, took about 45 minutes. I just hope I don't have to do that again my 3 was a hell of a lot easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts