Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got the check engine light, went to autozone today. 2 codes came up: P2177 and P2179 They aren't even listed in the CEL codes on the mazda6tech site. On the scanner it said something about idle. I told the guy I have CAI and it said those codes are normal b/c of that. Am I okay here lol help?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ok got the check engine light, went to autozone today. 2 codes came up: P2177 and P2179 They aren't even listed in the CEL codes on the mazda6tech site. On the scanner it said something about idle. I told the guy I have CAI and it said those codes are normal b/c of that. Am I okay here lol help?
[/b]

Seriously i can't believe this......

Today during zoom-zoom live i got my car scanned and i got exactly same codes P2177 and P2179!!!!!!
I have 05 mazda 6s with injen intake on it..... And i was about to post exactly same question...

If anyone know answer i would be grateful!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
If you search for the P2177 code here, you'll see that it's a new version of the same ol' too lean code associated with your intake. As for the P2179, that one I'm not sure on but I bet its related. What was the message associated with the code?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ok did some research and i found out that P2177 is the new code for P0171 and P0174 lean codes.

But whats P2179????

Thanks

If you search for the P2177 code here, you'll see that it's a new version of the same ol' too lean code associated with your intake. As for the P2179, that one I'm not sure on but I bet its related. What was the message associated with the code?
[/b]
Well P2177 was scanned as BANK1 lean and P2179 as a BANK2 lean.....

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mines a BOMZ Racing. It said something related to the car idling the guy was holding it as I wrote it down and just got a glimpse of it

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd say they're both due to the CAI. What kind of intake is it anyway?
[/b]
Its Injen intake and i know i will get cel with it....

But i just want to make sure that P2179 is nothing to worry about :hoho:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a injen cai installed too. The first thing I ask the mechanic is "Can you install a CAI that will not result in the engine light coming on?". He said "Yes".

I drove the car for a week with no engine light and then it came on. I figured it was do to the air/fuel thingy. I think I am going to purchase that device from cp-e ( http://www.cp-e.com/2006.html) that will fix the code and adjust the air/fuel ratio.

I also noticed that the exhaust build up on the muffler increased too.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!!!

So i guess nothing to worry about

[/b]
Yeah same here also the guy said if you want you can get it re-flashed so it never comes on again by the mazda dealership. Is this true?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah same here also the guy said if you want you can get it re-flashed so it never comes on again by the mazda dealership. Is this true?
[/b]
Well i don't think so, but if it's true that would be cool..... But don't think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts