Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on a highway on ramp yesterday with my windows down and heard I giant pop. It made my ears ring. It sounded like a fire cracker and had a funny smell that came along with it.

Today I threw a CEL when i started the car. I don't have a dashhawk or AP. What do you think could be the culprit.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Where'd the pop cone from? The cars running normally otherwise? Get that code scanned!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Where'd the pop cone from? The cars running normally otherwise? Get that code scanned!
^^This. Definitely get that code scanned tomorrow at Napa or somewhere. Or find a buddy with a DH or AP nearby... then go get both ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Loud pop and funny smell= you farted. Keep driving until flames come from under the hood. :)

Reactions: Arinzeuno

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't tell where the pop came from but it definitely seemed very close to were I was sitting. But anyway thanks guys. I forgot that auto stores have scanners. I'll go tomorrow to have it scanned and hopefully I can pick up a dashawk/AP for a good price pretty soon.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Loud pop and funny smell= you farted. Keep driving until flames come from under the hood. :)
And if flames shoot outta your ass instead then you can't blame the car... it was the Mexican food and 10+ Coronas!!

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
My guess -
random misfire code
resulting unburned fuel which lit off when it hit the cat

means nothing tho till you get the code......

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the code. It was Evaporative Emission Control Leak Detected (Gross Leak)

I cleared the code with the scanner. Can somebody tell me what that means????

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lol you think so??

EDIT: WOW!!!!!! I Truly am slow! I didn't screw in the gas cap all the way. Moderator, please delete this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts