Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the highway, at approx 74mph, then traffic suddenly stopped. I stopped as slowly as i could, but it was still rather quickly. probably 74-0 in under 8 seconds. Anyway, right after i stopped CEL came on. It stayed on for the 200 or so miles i had left to get home. This was yesterday. It was on this morning driving to work, and again home from work, and again to class ... but when i left class it was off. SHould i be concerned or take it in to find out why the CEL came on?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in university heights, and i did join cleveland6club, but i only check it every so often

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and its back on again

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mazda changed my oil 2 days before the CEL issue started. BTW today its off. The car is goign in on monday, they don't have any loaners till then.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I could be wrong but its not your problem they dont have any loaners its their problem and job to get you one.

·
Registered
507 Posts
mazda changed my oil 2 days before the CEL issue started. BTW today its off. The car is goign in on monday, they don't have any loaners till then.
[/b]
All the more reason to double-check it. The drainplug could be loose, the cap could be missing, they might have neglected to fill it to the proper level.

Can't hurt to check!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This could be true, i did drive 500 miles between the oil change and the CEL

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
This could be true, i did drive 500 miles between the oil change and the CEL
[/b]
We are meeting @ the Winking Lizard in Lakewood tonight, Dan ( MZBuckeye) will be there and he has a scanner, he can check it out for you. You can always take it to Park Mazda in Wooster, they have loaners and offer Cleveland6club members discounts on service as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are meeting @ the Winking Lizard in Lakewood tonight, Dan ( MZBuckeye) will be there and he has a scanner, he can check it out for you. You can always take it to Park Mazda in Wooster, they have loaners and offer Cleveland6club members discounts on service as well.
[/b]
thanks for the invite, but i have class tonight until 9:30, so I won't be able to make it. Also, Park Mazda in Wooster is a bit out of my way, and Park Mazda in Akron kinda turned me off on the whole "Park" auto group. Mazda Bedford is the closest one to me, and I've had good experience there, I'm not doing nay significant driving between now and monday, so its not a huge deal.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
thanks for the invite, but i have class tonight until 9:30, so I won't be able to make it. Also, Park Mazda in Wooster is a bit out of my way, and Park Mazda in Akron kinda turned me off on the whole "Park" auto group. Mazda Bedford is the closest one to me, and I've had good experience there, I'm not doing nay significant driving between now and monday, so its not a huge deal.
[/b]

The Park in Wooster is not affiliated with the Akron dealer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to know, but still a long drive.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, car went in today, CEL still on. I also stopped for gas on the way to Mazda and when i started the car after putting gas in it started really rough and threw out a good amount of exhaust. Atleast they gave me an 06 M6 to drive while they fix mine. Gotta say though, not a fan of the non-powered driver seat, feels like its much higher up than mine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and the verdict is ... bad purge valve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts