Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Wondering if I'll get a CEL with an SRI? Specifically, the COBB or the Corksport.

From my history of absolute shit vehicles I just want one with no CEL. Is that so much to ask?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I've never personally heard of either of these systems causing a dummy light.
But, the CS system had my fuel trims pretty awry before my MAF was calibrated when I had the car tuned.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Hey guys,

Wondering if I'll get a CEL with an SRI? Specifically, the COBB or the Corksport.

From my history of absolute shit vehicles I just want one with no CEL. Is that so much to ask?

Well, it's possible to get one or more codes related to the fuel trims when installing any aftermarket intake system. The most prevalent is the "lean at idle" code meaning the LTFT is too high. How it will affect you really depends on the OEM calibrations on your car and the area of the country that you're in.

If you want a vehicle with no CELs due to you tinkering with it, then don't modify it and do comply with all service recommendations on time.

Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Registered
710 Posts
When I installed my Fujita. I got one, but my dumbass forgot to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU as per instructions. I cleaned the MAF too while I was at it. Then, it was gone. :)

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Yup @ Forzda.
I saw +25 initially, which is "maxed out." Never saw a CEL though.
However, I believe I was running an OTS map on the AP at the time, which would be a huge variable. I don't know for sure what an OE "tune" would yield.

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Hey guys,

It isn't too much to ask at all.

We ship the intakes with an optional to use air straightener which fits in the MAF. The CorkSport intake will not give you a CEL.

Thanks
Derrick

·
Registered
5,342 Posts

We ship the intakes with an optional to use air straightener which fits in the MAF. The CorkSport intake will not give you a CEL.

Thanks
Derrick
Haven't seen you post over here in a while.

I didn't get a straightener with mine! But, I think I must have been in the first batch sold. It was before you reduced the TIP to compressor housing coupling, which you guys sent to me, but has yet to make it onto the car. :D

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Haven't seen you post over here in a while.

I didn't get a straightener with mine! But, I think I must have been in the first batch sold. It was before you reduced the TIP to compressor housing coupling, which you guys sent to me, but has yet to make it onto the car. :D
Wow, we sent you that a while ago. If the current setup is working well there probably isn't much reason to change it out.

Derrick

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Wow, we sent you that a while ago. If the current setup is working well there probably isn't much reason to change it out.

Derrick
I'll swap the new coupler in here soon, when I replace my turbo.
You're probably right, but I might want to do some tinkering.
I always recommend your stuff, every chance I get. Very happy with all my CS stuff, and always pleased with the customer service you've provided.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks
Derrick
Sold. Thanks for the info, man! I'll be ordering the 'Power Series' intake system soon. First mod!

·
Registered
47 Posts
so if i was to get the corksport sri, it wouldnt throw off the cel?
and what about the VAD soloniod thing, what we do with that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts