Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it happened to me yesterday on my new 2009 6 with 4000 miles on it, took it to the dealer, service guy said the gas cap is probably loose, and it is... from his response I guess this is a common "problem" for new owners.

·
Registered
902 Posts
QUOTE (perfectsilence @ Sep 24 2009, 01:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1603568
well it happened to me yesterday on my new 2009 6 with 4000 miles on it, took it to the dealer, service guy said the gas cap is probably loose, and it is... from his response I guess this is a common "problem" for new owners.[/b]

I've never left mine loose, nor has it randomly become loose.
Just make sure you click it a couple times when you tighten the cap.

I wish my quick-cap worked on this car. I had it in my '97 Cougar and you never removed the cap, it was just a spring loaded flap that you push the gas pump through to fill up.

~Mike

·
Registered
924 Posts
QUOTE (michaelsteinbach @ Sep 24 2009, 09:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1603708
I've never left mine loose, nor has it randomly become loose.
Just make sure you click it a couple times when you tighten the cap.

I wish my quick-cap worked on this car. I had it in my '97 Cougar and you never removed the cap, it was just a spring loaded flap that you push the gas pump through to fill up.

~Mike[/b]
I was looking for one also. I have been watching the Stant website waiting for them to offer a In-Stant FIll cap for the 2009 Mazda 6.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
QUOTE (JeepRubicon2k3 @ Sep 25 2009, 02:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1603914
My 2009 GT has a gas cap light that is separate from the CEL.[/b]
Pics or it didn't happen. :)

The dealer didn't tighten my cap down when they filled it up the day I bought it. Other than that first mistake, the cel has never came on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
JeepRubicon2k3
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing