Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2004 6s. CEL came on the other day. Scanned it, had a misfire on #2 . Changed all the plugs and seemed to have fixed the issue. I did however move the coil/boot from #2 to #6 in case that was the issue I would have easier access if needed to be changed.

Put everything together, cleared the codes and took it for a spin. At first she started right up as normal. But then the idle started to fluctuate. I put it in reverse and the car jerked. Took it out for a drive and the car was just bogging. No power whatsoever in low gears. Once I was able to get it up to speed (4th & 5th) gear it seemed to be fine. Pulled over and the engine was still fluctuating.

About 5 minutes later the CEL came on. Read the codes and received P2197 and P2195. I rechecked all my hoses and they seem to be fine. My air intake hose has had a split in it for some time which I repaired with electrical tape and duct tape.

Any idea what I should be checking for before I get raped at the dealer?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Check your accordion air intake hose.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Verify every single vacuum line is connected and search diligently for vacuum leaks. Go from there.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
About 5 minutes later the CEL came on. Read the codes and received P2197 and P2195. I rechecked all my hoses and they seem to be fine. My air intake hose has had a split in it for some time which I repaired with electrical tape and duct tape.

Replace your accordion hose first. Electrical and duct tape doesn't last forever.

Scott

·
Registered
2005 Mazda 6s
15 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2004 6s. CEL came on the other day. Scanned it, had a misfire on #2 . Changed all the plugs and seemed to have fixed the issue. I did however move the coil/boot from #2 to #6 in case that was the issue I would have easier access if needed to be changed.

Put everything together, cleared the codes and took it for a spin. At first she started right up as normal. But then the idle started to fluctuate. I put it in reverse and the car jerked. Took it out for a drive and the car was just bogging. No power whatsoever in low gears. Once I was able to get it up to speed (4th & 5th) gear it seemed to be fine. Pulled over and the engine was still fluctuating.

Thanks much!
Did you ever find a fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts