Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one other post that had this issue and it was fixed by adding a CAI. I already have a CP-E CAI on my car and have had no issues for 3 months. I cleared the code at lunch but I am wondering what is causing this issue? I plan on checking the filter on my CAI when I get home and possibly checking the MAF. Anyone have any other ideas? Mods, please don't move this post to the lounge, thx!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I found one other post that had this issue and it was fixed by adding a CAI. I already have a CP-E CAI on my car and have had no issues for 3 months. I cleared the code at lunch but I am wondering what is causing this issue? I plan on checking the filter on my CAI when I get home and possibly checking the MAF. Anyone have any other ideas? Mods, please don't move this post to the lounge, thx![/b]
Why would the mods move it to the lounge? It is actually a mazdaspeed6 question (unlike many other posts that end up in this section).

I find it humorous to think adding an aftermarket intake is the solution for a specific CEL.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I love it....newbies that found the search button. Crusher, you are my new favorite member. On behalf of other frustrated members, THANK YOU.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love it....newbies that found the search button. Crusher, you are my new favorite member. On behalf of other frustrated members, THANK YOU.[/b]

Wow, your really helpful thanks for all your knowledge! If you don't have anything helpful to contribute then don't bother replying! I did search on here and found nothing, I searched the tech site and if you bothered to read it, it doesn't specify the speed 6. Good job helping out though your worthlessness is appreciated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wow, your really helpful thanks for all your knowledge! If you don't have anything helpful to contribute then don't bother replying! I did search on here and found nothing, I searched the tech site and if you bothered to read it, it doesn't specify the speed 6. Good job helping out though your worthlessness is appreciated.[/b]
Agreed. I may suggest taking it to the dealer anyhow. I had an evap code and my purge solenoid replaced in the first couple weeks. This doesn't quite sound the same.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I love how it is the right of every old member on this forum to make every new person that comes here with a question that has been asked before, 5 gazillion posts ago under a different topic name, to make them feel like an idiot just because they ask a question that has been asked before. Instructions on how not to be an asshole have been addressed before guys, why don't YOU search for THAT and get back to us! :lol: Seriously, bagging on someone who is already probably pissed that they have a problem with the car and just want an answer from someone who may have had the same issue doesn't really add much. I know it would suck to come here and see the same topic posted a hundered times in a row and all, but if that isn't the case, give people a break.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
1: Crusher chill out, it appears to me that yomama was honestly compilemting you for trying to search, sure he didnt have anything to add constructively, but he was far from flaming you, so chill the heck out, I too would compliment you for trying a search, alot of people do not, but that would get me flamed so i will hold that thought for now.
2: Bluemazda didnt provide any more or less ON TOPIC info than yomama and you thanked him... cmon be consitent not hypocritical

Lean on bank one most likely means a vac leave, I would disassemble (at least loosen) your CAI, then retighten and check all vac sources you tampered with. Reset the ECU then see how it does.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hey, I wasn't on topic but I speak the truth, sorry. Nothing worse than having a problem with your car, being pissed off about it and thinking you can come here and have someone help you out than to come here and get......

SEARCH MORON..... :search:

Or,

Repost.....

Or whatever. Can't blame him for getting pissed. If I was in his shoes I might have taken yomama's post the wrong way too. I mean he is probably really tring to find an answer and poping on here to see what folks say to try to help him out and isn't seeing the help. I've been there....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love how it is the right of every old member on this forum to make every new person that comes here with a question that has been asked before, 5 gazillion posts ago under a different topic name, to make them feel like an idiot just because they ask a question that has been asked before. Instructions on how not to be an asshole have been addressed before guys, why don't YOU search for THAT and get back to us! :lol: Seriously, bagging on someone who is already probably pissed that they have a problem with the car and just want an answer from someone who may have had the same issue doesn't really add much. I know it would suck to come here and see the same topic posted a hundered times in a row and all, but if that isn't the case, give people a break.[/b]
+1

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I love how it is the right of every old member on this forum to make every new person that comes here with a question that has been asked before, 5 gazillion posts ago under a different topic name, to make them feel like an idiot just because they ask a question that has been asked before. Instructions on how not to be an asshole have been addressed before guys, why don't YOU search for THAT and get back to us! :lol: Seriously, bagging on someone who is already probably pissed that they have a problem with the car and just want an answer from someone who may have had the same issue doesn't really add much. I know it would suck to come here and see the same topic posted a hundered times in a row and all, but if that isn't the case, give people a break.[/b]
Fuck off, dude. I was being sincere. I appreciated the fact that he searched first. Why don't you put that in the search engine and hit the "eat shit" button.

I provide plenty of information and do my best to answer questions. I sure as hell have the right to thank a member for searching, when most new members simply don't bother.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, I did misinterpret what yomama69 had posted and I apologize to him for my reply. I would like to keep this on topic instead of a battle. I drove home in the rain and the CEL did not come on the whole drive home. I checked under the hood and the outside of the MAF is wet as well as the lower part of the CAI. My question is do I go through the trouble of taking the CAI off and checking the inside of the MAF and the CAI tube for water? I'm curious if there is water in there but I don't know if I'm that curious. I have canned air so I can blow off the MAF if it is wet. Too bad I don't have the purge valve tester so I don't have to deal with the dealership . . .

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It's has been said many times before but apparently we need it again: "Fighting on the interent is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, YOU'RE STILL RETARDED!!"

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
OK, I did misinterpret what yomama69 had posted and I apologize to him for my reply. I would like to keep this on topic instead of a battle. I drove home in the rain and the CEL did not come on the whole drive home. I checked under the hood and the outside of the MAF is wet as well as the lower part of the CAI. My question is do I go through the trouble of taking the CAI off and checking the inside of the MAF and the CAI tube for water? I'm curious if there is water in there but I don't know if I'm that curious. I have canned air so I can blow off the MAF if it is wet. Too bad I don't have the purge valve tester so I don't have to deal with the dealership . . .[/b]
A little bit of water won't hurt the MAF. Unless you were running the car through standing water, the water was most likely not the cause. You might want to tighten the CAI because it might be a little loose. Also, I think I recall another person having this CEL because his BPV needed to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I said it in another thread...but why must some of the members here be so confrontational? I mean, are some of you like 15? Can you not discuss a topic without turning it into an pissing match with personal insults?

Crusher -

I agree with the other poster about a vacuum leak. Let me pull out the workshop manual and see what it lists as causes for that code...

Ok, here are the possible causes listed in the workshop manual...

- Misfire
- Front HO2S Deterioration
- Front HO2S Heater Malfunction
- MAF Sensor Malfunction
- Pressure Regulator Malfunction
- Fuel Pressure Sensor Malfunction
- Relief Valve (built in fuel delivery pipe) Malfunction <---
- Spill Valve Control Solenoid Valve Malfunction
- High Pressure Fuel Pump Malfunction
- Fuel Pump Malfuntion
- EGR Valve Stuck Open
- Variable Swirl Control Improper Operation
- Purge Solenoid Valve Improper Operation
- Purge Solenoid Hoses Improper Connection
- Purge Solenoid Valve Malfunction (Stuck Open)
- PCV Valve Malfuntion
- Variable Valve Timing Control system Improper Operation
- PCM Malfunction

I think this is what yomama69 is referring to. There was a problem with the BPV that made the system think the gas cap was off or something...

The dealer should be able to figure it out...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Fuck off, dude. I was being sincere. I appreciated the fact that he searched first. Why don't you put that in the search engine and hit the "eat shit" button.

I provide plenty of information and do my best to answer questions. I sure as hell have the right to thank a member for searching, when most new members simply don't bother.[/b]
Wow. Now that is adding some value buddy. Just CONTINUE to be an asshole e-thug roughing my ass up from behind the keyboard why don't ya tough guy. OOOOH...... Did your head pop off from all the blood flowing to it after reading that? All I am saying is put yourself in his shoes and read what you posted. I interperted it the same way he did initially as you being an ass, so we both must be wrong, right? Hell, if the big fuckin smily face in MY response didn't let you know I wasn't insulting YOU, like you now insulted me above in the quote , I don't know what else would. I am surprised that this board puts up with this crap. Wasn't I reading a post on here that the mods get on you about cursing AT other members? Much too easy to do from behind a keyboard there tough guy.... Gimmie a break. I didn't curse at you or tell you to go F yourself, I guess I just don't need to dip to that stuff. I appologize if YOU were offended by ME making a joke of what you said and if maybe I zinged you a bit. I will save that for folks that can TAKE a joke here. Honestly, I just felt that my read of your post was you were being a bit of an ass given this guys situation and from what I see the truth hurts. Thug on tough guy, flex those big computer guns..... :laugh:

Now with respect to the TOPIC, the dealer should be able to figure the issue out but if it is caused by the CAI isn't Crusher going to get crap for that from them about modifications? Especially if it is caused by the CAI. I personally would check to make sure everything is right with your set up with the CAI and that that isn't causing any vaccum leaks tripping the CEL before going on to the dealer for service. Good luck with getting the issue solved and I will do you a favor and not come back to this topic so I don't steer it any further off course by having to ward of any more e-thugs. Mods please don't close this thread , I promise I won't respond to any more of yo-e-thugs crap here because honestly he is a knowledgable guy and seems to have some value to add to the topic.......when he wants to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it only lasted 24 hours before my car threw a CEL again. I'm heading out to the garage to put the stock box back on so I can take my car into the dealer. I hope it's not my CP-E CAI that is causing this issue.

I removed the air filter and cleaned it because it was really dirty. The MAF looked OK. I know I may get flamed for asking this question, but how many of you would go through the trouble of removing your CAI before you took your car to the dealer? I'm kinda curious to see if the dealer is gonna give me trouble for having a CAI. I don't want to have to remove parts everytime I need to take my car in.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.