Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I need some assistance. Im driving down the highway and enter a tunnel and then I get a CEL and the car goes into safe mode. It wouldnt let me go any faster than 30 MPH. So I pull over to the side and turn the car off. I check the engine bay for any loose conn. and fire the engine back up. The light is still in but it runs fine no safe mode all power available. Park the car overnight and start it up the next day to take it to the shop and now the CEL is gone. Correct if im wrong (maybe its different for the 6) but im pretty sure that is not how it is supposed to work. Even if the probelm corrects itself the CEL should stay in untill the ecu is flashed and the code cleared. I need some help becuase I am completely clueless as to what just happened

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
yep it should stay in the ecu, bring it in to the dealer. all the highway things like that always seem to the the throttle body.

my car just turned off, on the freeway, no CEL.

it was WACK.

only has happened once tho.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only performance mod I have is the magnaflow catback but I had have that for over 18K so that cant really be it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Im willing to bet that you have a bad throtle body. It happened to me on my brand new 06 mazda 6s at only 3,000 miles. The Dealer replaced it with no questions asked!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Funny that same thing happened again on my 05 with only 6500 miles on the same day. I read the code and it is P2112. The throttle body acutator is stuck on the closed position. Taking it to the dealer tommorrow. Called the parts department to make sure they got the part before going so I don't have to make two trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts