Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all-

my ms6 just passed 2500 miles, but my CEL already came on last week, accompanied by the TCS light. the CEL is on steady, but the TCS flickers on and off randomly, almost like a wire might be loose or something. i noticed it even if i'm sitting still with the clutch pushed in.

any ideas? i brought it in last week and i think they just reflashed, but it came on again this morning. got an appointment tomorrow, but thought i would just throw it out there to see if anyone has had similar problems.

hopefully this isn't an omen of things to come.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Let us know what the dealer says....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to update:

When I dropped off the car yesterday, I noticed the temperature gauge acting weird. It would rise to about 3/4 of the range and then drop to 1/4 and keep cycling back and forth every ~10 seconds along with the fan turning on and off.

Apparently the engine temperature control sensor went bad, and they had to order a new part. Unfortunately, it won't get in until at least Monday, so I am stuck with a loaner for a few days.

They weren't sure if the CEL, TCS light flickering, and temp control sensor were related, but they seemed to think it was possible. The codes they pulled were PO117 and 126, something about "ECT Unstable", all of which mean nothing to me.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on or had any similar problems? It seems unlikely to me that the TCS light and temp control sensor would have any correlation.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
The codes they pulled were PO117 and 126, something about "ECT Unstable", all of which mean nothing to me.
[/b]
From the 6 techforums:

CEl code list for 2.3 L engine

P0117 ECT circuit low input ON 1 CCM ´ (See DTC P0117)

P0126 Coolant thermostat stuck open ON 2 Thermostat ´ (See DTC P0126, P0128)

Don't know what P0117 would mean. Then from a google search found the
following manual though it is for RX8 could be informative.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
P0117 and P0126 are both ECT related. Engine Coolant Temperature

ECT Circuit Low Input and Thermostat stuck open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts