Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 2.3i has been fine, today I noticed the CEL was flashing occasionally. Car is not misfiring or running differently to usual.

It seem to be that the CEL flashes for 1/2 a second or so when I accelerate under load. If I sit in neutral, it never flashes, even if I rev it repeatedly, but when I am driving, it usually blinks once when I press the accelerator. If I am in say 5th at 30mph, press the throttle, the CEL blinks once then never flashes again until I release the pedal and do it again.

I`ll be ringing my dealer, but it wont be until the weekend as I`m away this week. However, just wondering if anyone had come across this before?

Cheers,

Nige.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I`m being quoted $145 for them to put it on the test machine, then $126 per hour labour.+ Parts then all + 17.5% TAX.

sheesh, anything obvious I can check myself before I spend that money getting it looked at by the dealer?

I rang several dealers and they all charge the same.

Nige.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
5th gear, and 30mph, you're bogging the engine. Downshift and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5th gear, and 30mph, you're bogging the engine. Downshift and see if it still does it.
[/b]
It does it in every single gear. I was using 5th to see if it lit just the once when I initially pressed the throttle, or again during the acceleration. It never does it again until you ease off the throttle the tiniest amount, then the next time you press it, it flickers again.

Its really sensitive, in that you just lift of the throttle the smallest amount, the next time you press it, the light flickers.. But never flickers again if you dont lift off at all.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, got some more info on this for those who are interested...

The indicator lights had also stopped flashing when I armed / disarmed the alarm. Cam to the car yesterday and it wouldnt start, flat battery. Charged it, too it to a local shop, they tested it and said it had totally failed, held charge for about 5 minutes !.

Put a new battery in yesterday, the lights now flash when I activate the alarm and the CEL light has stopped flickering too.

All sorted and I`m happy.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts