Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rally Racer
1,760 Posts
Any input on fixing codes p0132, p0138, p0442 and p0455 ?
The P0132 and P0138 are both oxygen sensor codes (circuit high). solution --> replace all O2 sensors with NTK (OEM)

The P0442 is a small evap leak. Solution --> tighten your fuel filler cap (or likely replace with Mazda only. Aftermarket rarely work here) could be purge valve.

The P0455 is a large evap leak. Solution --> tighten your fuel filler cap (or likely replace with Mazda only. Aftermarket rarely work here) could be purge valve.

Without knowing your engine I cannot give you more specific information but ordering all new O2 sensors and a fuel cap should fix the codes.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The P0132 and P0138 are both oxygen sensor codes (circuit high). solution --> replace all O2 sensors with NTK (OEM)

The P0442 is a small evap leak. Solution --> tighten your fuel filler cap (or likely replace with Mazda only. Aftermarket rarely work here) could be purge valve.

The P0455 is a large evap leak. Solution --> tighten your fuel filler cap (or likely replace with Mazda only. Aftermarket rarely work here) could be purge valve.

Without knowing your engine I cannot give you more specific information but ordering all new O2 sensors and a fuel cap should fix the codes.

Happy motoring.
I agree with DrFeelGood regarding P0442.
After Mazda original fuel cap failed I replaced with aftermarket, each lasted only 1 year.
Once the second aftermarket failed after 1 year I picked one up from the dealer (5 years ago).

·
Registered
21 Posts
04 mazda 6 3.0...looking for ntk part number for bank 1 o2 sensors 1and2
Direct Fit Oxygen Sensor 22118 Upstream Rear (B1S1) OE MFR: NTK
Direct Fit Oxygen Sensor 22097 Downstream Rear (B1S2) OE MFR: NTK

You didn't ask for bank 2 but figured I would include it anyway.
Direct Fit Oxygen Sensor 22115 Upstream Front (B2S1) OE MFR: NTK
Direct Fit Oxygen Sensor 22100 Downstream Front(B2S2) OE MFR: NTK

·
Rally Racer
1,760 Posts

The lifetime of these 4-wire sensors is 100,000mi. After time they slow in response and can lead to fueling error and catalyst failure. I would replace all 4 if 2 are presenting codes. well done @milemarker15

Full Catalyst Replacement parts list

·
Registered
440 Posts

The lifetime of these 4-wire sensors is 100,000mi. After time they slow in response and can lead to fueling error and catalyst failure. I would replace all 4 if 2 are presenting codes. well done @milemarker

Full Catalyst Replacement parts list
Is there a diagram of the locations? Specifically rear upstream. I just got a P0132 and I'll be doing the coils and plugs anyway. I just don't know where it is.

·
Registered
440 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing