Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had many problem with the engine and the dealer replaced it with a new one. At least I believe they did. On the report it says replaced long block.

Now the car runs fine but every time I drive up to about 140 km/h for about 5-10 minutes the CEL light would flash and then stay on. The car does not feel any different when the CEL light comes on. After a couple days it would disappear.

I brought it to the dealer and they said that the CEL is due to one of the cyclinders misfiring.

Could someone explain to me what that means?

Also, he told me that its a possibility that my HIDs and angel eyes could be interefering with the ignition coil and something about RF. Im not very knowledgeble in automechanics so if some one could shed some light it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wow - a new long block!?! What happened to the original engine?

As for the misfire, whoever told you that your angel eyes or HID's are generating enough RF to mess up the ignition system deserves a bitch slap. Low voltage lighting can't make enough energy to do that.

Did the dealer have a chance to read the CEL code? If it was a misfire, and I had to make a complete guess at the problem, I would look towards a loose vaccum line, or gasket (maybe intake manifold), or electrical connection that wasn't done properly during the engine swap.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

The engine was replaced due to a remote starter that was tapped to the ignition coil. I guess it was to sensitive and it screwed up a bunch of other parts in the engine.

I believe they fixed the engine when I called him today. But he said he was talking to someone about whether or not it will be covered by warranty.

If I end up having to pay, someone is going to die.. I've already wasted a lot of money fixing the damn thing since it wasn't covered by warranty.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
ROFL... You modded your car with something.. so they blame that! Classic dealership BS! VERY worst case, something isn't grounded properly and that can cause some problems... But is easly fixed. Buy one of those grounding kits... for like 60 bucks and install it. Engine swaps are well known for grounding problems....

Replace spark plugs, plug wires... maybe even distributor. Or at least ask the dealership to give you new ones to test and see if the problem continues.

Also, try running higher grade fuel? Low octane can cause misfires... We speed6 owners know all about engine knock, low octane... and shit not working right!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
PerfectXtreme
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing