Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car threw a CEL this morning. I think it was because I didn't get the gas cap on right last night when I filled it up. I took the cap off and put it on again, but the CEL is still on. Will this go out by itself or do I have to go to the dealer to get it reset?

Jon

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: CEL came on after 674 miles !

You will need to take it to the dealer to have them diagnose what it is. If you put the gas cap back on it should have gone away (Did you turn the car off then back on again?). If it's still not gone, take it in to the dealer, find out what the code is that it threw. If it's a harmless problem the dealer will just flash the CPU and it would reset. Good luck!

·
Registered
376 Posts

even if the gas gap is tighthened up the censor throwed already the code and the CEL wont get off until the censor make another check... this check is made when you run with low fuel...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Took it to the dealer this morning... CEL was not for the gas cap issue as previously thought, but for a misfire!! The tech said that there was "soot" on the plugs so he cleaned them and reset the ECU. I'm not pleased about this at all. I'm going on a road trip this weekend and I hope it doesn't happen again while I'm on the road...

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts