Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
im assuming the cel is from the airbox mod with k&n as ive never gotten it prior..
cel light came on.. pulled over as it started to flash and hesitate.. felt a lot like misfire..
shut her off and turned her back on.. steady cel
drove her home and cleared the cel.. shouldve pulled the code..

im assuming itll be prevalent with this mod...
maybe time to bite the bullet and order the code reader..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
few weeks ago..
everythin checks out... drove her a bit after clearin the code

·
Registered
301 Posts
did the airbox mod on my 03' and I have gad no problems. didn't he say, "felt like misfire?" Sounds like its not the mod to the box.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Flashing CEL is generally something major. You said it felt like a misfire, and since your CEL was flashing, it probably could have been one.

The airbox mod would not cause a flashing CEL.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shes an 03.. it was a steady cell.. flashed for a bit then turned steady..
hasnt come back on since clearing... kickin myself for not pullin the code

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Chances are you probably would have found at least 2 fault codes. One for a misfire, and then another for a rich condition or something else emmisions related. (If your plugs aren't working, the o2 sensors are going to pick up some abnormal variations...) The 03 models are pretty much the same as other years computer wise. As mentioned, an airbox mod normally wouldn't cause this type of CEL. :headscrat:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Airbox mod with K&N filter can certainly cause a CEL, though it is rare and I'm not sure if its every happened before. If it flashes a few times then goes steady, thats not a "flashing CEL" AFAIK, just kind of a "hello, look at me!" But I may be wrong.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Normal CEL's just light up and stay lit. Flashing CEL's flash when they first come on and then stay lit, so if you missed it flashing, you would think it was a regular CEL.

I have a scanner, so the last time I had a flashing CEL, it was the false misfire code, because I felt no misfire. Though, amp says he thought he felt a misfire, so that could be it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
ilal2ielli
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing