Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where I could find the CDD on the mazdaspeed 6. Can anyone provide any diagram of the transmission? I would like to remove this thing because it is killing the clutch feel of the car for me. For those who don't know what a CDD is. It is a Clutch Damping Device. Basically it keeps the clutch down on high rev's. There is a cylinode <sp> with a bunch of springs inside it to keep the tranny fluid from releasing too much preasure to the LSD. <I think thats how it goes> They have this device in almot all the new manuel cars. I would like to remove this so the clutch could be stiffer and makes driving the speed 6 a lot easier. I had the same devicce on my IS300 and my friends S2k. We removed it and the clutch was feeling a lot better.

·
Registered
851 Posts
it was probably something like the dsms had, it's probably located on the front of the tranny

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds like he is talking about removing the clutch restrictor (what the DSM's had in the slave cylinder) All it is there is a little piston with a small hole in it and a spring. Keeps the clutch from coming up too fast. Didn't know if our cars had one or not. Doesn't feel like they do. I know on the Evo's it rediculous how much you can feel it.

I would think it would be similar here but could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it's built into the master cylinder.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we have it in the speed 6 also. I accidently did something and the clutch stayed down so we do have one. So please if someone has a diagram of the whole part and tranny thing thanks appreciate it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Normally thats not in the tranny. The slave cylinder is on the outside. I don't see why you couldn't just look at the tranny right around where the flywheel would be. Don't think you could miss it unless they decided to hide the slave cylinder somewhere.

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=4206

There is a pic on there of where the slave cylinder is. Probably the best your going to get.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. That is it. When I remove it the clutch will be a lot stiffer then this stiff soft crap. Makes driving stick like how it is suppose to be..

·
Registered
851 Posts
well it appears to be built into the master cyliander. have to fab up some stuff to plug off that valve.

·
Registered
820 Posts
BMW's have what is called a CDV, Clutch Delay Valve, and it was modded as well. Removal of the device made for much crisper clutch engagement.

·
Registered
158 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but if we remove it and clutch goes bad then bye bye any warranty on the tranny? and wont removing it wear out the clutch much faster, be harder on the drivetrain... etc?

·
Registered
353 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but if we remove it and clutch goes bad then bye bye any warranty on the tranny? and wont removing it wear out the clutch much faster, be harder on the drivetrain... etc?
[/b]
No, all it does is their is no longer a restrictor there. Basically say you try to side step the clutch, well it will only come up so fast/ so much fluiud would go through. It keeps something such as sidestepping the clutch from killing it, at least for awhile. I believe this is why I could only get a 1.9 60'. I'm used to slipping the clutch m yself where as because of the restrictor, letting off the clutch fast is what I need to do as it will slip on its own since only so much fluid can go through.

Removing that restrictor will allow the clutch to come up as fast as possible, gives you more control over the clutch. But ya, it does mean you can damage it, just dont side step the clutch (which you should not do for any reason) and you will be fine. A lot of DSM and EVO guys remove these. Along with I guess some BMW and IS400 guys from the sound of it. It won't wear out anything faster, unless you do something to make it wear out faster.... if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually having the CDD on there will mess up the clutch even more for the ppl who know how to drive there cars. Other then that yes warranty is gone, but you gain a better drive.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
im bringing it back people. lol

i posted a thread the other day, it didnt get any reponses though. i just posted how 2 times i got on the car heavily in first i had a clutch slippage issue that stayed in the 2nd gear shift. as soon as i let off and coasted for a bit it the clutch felt fine and came right back.. no nasty clutch smell though. i was checking out threads and i found this. i think the reason why i had excessive clutch slip is because i tried to slip it myself, when the car basically does it automatically. kinda makes sense now since i never have any problem with it unless i try to slip the clutch for a nice clean launch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts